Website Domus Recruitment
Here we have a fantastic opportunity to take on an Area Manager position for a large national provider around the Castleford, Sheffield & York Areas. The role is accountable for providing leadership and operational management of supported living, residential and flat scheme services in and around the Castleford, Sheffield & York areas.
You will have responsibility for the delivery of all care and support, clinical, operational, financial and administrative functions at the 5 services under your management.
Key Responsibilities of an Area Manager:
- Motivational and inspirational leadership for employees and teams to perform at their best in building and sustaining a high-performance culture acting as a role model and ambassador for the providers values and leadership behaviours.
- Effective Employee Engagement and Development so that all employees understand the Vision and Strategy and their role in it and are actively encouraged, developed and motivated to deliver Outstanding Service to our Clients and have fulfilling careers.
- Effective and timely delivery of multi services in pursuit of effective commercial contractual, safety and risk management.
- Driving up quality, achieving all CQC regulatory requirements and where any issues arise, develop, implement and complete appropriate remedial action plans.
- Achieving Revenue and Margin targets by the retention and growth of existing business, acquiring new business and the effective and efficient running of operations.
- Driving quality and business improvements ensuring total competitive position is improved.
- Ensuring that structures, processes, systems and procedures are co-ordinated, effective and efficient meeting business, commercial and clinical requirements to meet future business demands.
- Ensuring that offices within the Area operate in accordance with our standards, UK Health & Safety legislation and applicable regulations and commercial contractual obligations.
- Working in conjunction with other Area Managers, Regional Operations Directors and Support Functions to ensure that all activities undertaken are carried out effectively, ensuring a positive perception by the general public, people we support, carers, employees and purchasing authorities respectively.
- Implementing business plans and budgets to deliver agreed P&L including effective management of margin, utilisation, Working Capital, WIP and bad debt.
Area Manager Requirements:
- Possess relevant previous working experience to demonstrate comprehensive understanding of the relevant specialist requirements, knowledge and application, likely to have at least 10 years’ relevant working experience.
- Significant experience and knowledge of delivering top and bottom line financial targets, and delivering commercial strategies and growth plans, building and sustaining customer satisfaction and participating in mergers & acquisitions.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and exemplify leadership and composure under pressure, while maintaining high morale.
- Change and risk management and building technology readiness experience and the ability to manage teams through growth and change.
- People management and leadership skills with experience of successfully implementing sound people management practices to establish a high performance and client focused organisation.
- Result oriented, resilient, customer focused and process driven individual with the ability to build strategic relationships/alliances, build sustainable relationships with multi-culture clients, identify and seize growth opportunities, influence multiple stakeholders at all levels both internally and externally and function within a complex highly matrix organisation.
- Data – driven approach to decision making around commercial and operational practices.
- Possess and be an active member of effective business networks in the social care industry and regulatory bodies that will impact the business.
- Knowledge of our products, services, internal systems and processes and guidelines and marketing and branding strategies with previous experience in driving market differentiation initiatives that will establish long – term competitiveness or the ability to develop such capabilities in a short period of time.
- Social care qualified, e.g., Nurse, Social work or OT qualified.
- A relevant professional Qualification at Level 4 or Higher in Care or Management e.g., NVQ/SVQ, QCF Award Certificate or Diploma (also known as BTEC Professional Award, Certificate, Diploma) and working towards Level 5 or above.
If you are interested in the above position please apply, or for more information contact Matt Simmons at Domus Recruitment.
As part of our continual pursuit of quality candidates we appreciate and reward candidate recommendations from you if we successfully secure them a position. We will reward you with £200 if you recommend a new candidate to us who is not already registered and we secure them a role for a minimum of 1 month.