Website Domus Recruitment
Domus have a fantastic opportunity for an Area Manager (Salford) to join a national provider of care and support for adults with Learning Disabilities within Supported Living accommodation.
As the Area Manager, you will support the management of Supported Living accommodation for adults with Learning Disabilities across Salford.
Due to the geographical spread, you will be predominately based out in the field with the ability to work from home on other occasions, depending on the needs that week. Mileage will be paid and you will also be provided with a laptop and work phone.
You will be responsible for staff management, development and coaching, as well as budgeting and driving performance.
We are ideally looking for someone who has worked/is working as an Area/Regional Manager within the Health and Social Care sector, but can consider a highly experienced multi-site Registered Manager, experienced managing multiple Supported Living or Residential services for adults with Learning Disabilities.
This is a great opportunity for someone to join a forward thinking, person-centred organisation who offer quality services to vulnerable adults.
Key Responsibilities of an Area Manager:
- Leading and managing the Management Team across all aspects of day-to-day business deliverables; through supervision, effective management, personal development, and succession planning. Monitoring performance in relation to quality and key performance indicators to agreed targets for care standards and quality.
- Ensuring compliance with all statutory regulatory bodies and company policies and procedures. Being accountable for ensuring findings from internal site quality inspections are reviewed and actioned as appropriate.
- Managing relationships with third party professionals, staff teams, Service User families and all other stakeholders as required.
- Monitoring of all financial controllables and care hour delivery against the local authority placement contracts and agreed funding matrix.
- Inserting measures into Services that guarantee the highest standards of health and safety; actioning any identified areas of concern as a priority.
- Ensuring that all Services are staffed by appropriately trained care staff, and that all are compliant with any mandatory training and refreshers.
- Ensuring that key hotspots of concern are given focus and development through auditing and action planning. Providing regular progress updates to the Head of Operations.
- Overseeing the transition of new Service Users, ensure that new SUPs, RAs, and HAPs are completed prior to arrival. Instrumental in the preparation of living arrangements (furniture / furnishings etc) for new Service User admissions.
- Ensuring that any areas of concern identified surrounding quality and compliance are thoroughly investigated, and that remedies are put into place to safeguard against recurrence.
- Leading Management Team Meetings if required, ensuring that tasks are allocated and actioned as necessary.
- Ensuring their own personal development by continually seeking opportunities for training and development.
- Ensuring effective out-of-hours cover as required, with participation in a weekend on-call rota.
Key requirements an Area must have:
- Have obtained a level 5 qualification in Health and Social Care, or equivalent.
- Highly experienced within the care and support for adults with Learning Disabilities and Mental Health.
- Be comfortable managing a team of managers, ensuring accountability and high standards at all times.
- Have significant experience managing relationships with professionals associated with the care sector.
- Have sound judgement in difficult and complex situations.
- Encourage a positive and supportive culture.
- 25 days Annual leave plus 8 bank holidays
- Refer a friend scheme
- An Employee Assistance Program
If you are interested in the above Area Manager vacancy, please contact Cameron at Domus Recruitment.
Don’t keep a good thing to yourself – Recommend a friend!!
If you are not looking, then perhaps you know someone who is and we will reward you with our recommend a friend scheme – £200 pounds worth of high street shopping vouchers if we place them into work and we do not already have them on our database.