Website Domus Recruitment
Domus Recruitment are looking for a Bridging Accommodation Support Officer in Elmbridge, and is expected to run until July 2023. This role is not suited to home working. Working as part of a team in a hotel in Elmbridge, you will be providing day-to-day wrap-around support for Afghan evacuees residing in hotel accommodation in the borough prior to them being moved to more settled housing across the UK.
As well as providing general support, you will have specific responsibility for working with families at the hotel to help them secure suitable longer-term housing to move onto all across the country. This will involve advising and educating them on how to secure suitable private-rented accommodation (in particular) and how they can meet the costs of housing and engaging with landlords, letting agents and local authorities.
Key Responsibilities of a Bridging Accommodation Support Officer:
- As part of a team, to be main point of contact in providing wrap-around support to evacuees at the hotel, to deal with day-to-day requests and enquiries for help and where appropriate to signpost to other agencies or to your management.
- To provide information, advice and guidance to guests– verbally or in writing.
- Where directed, to help with applications and requests for accessing services – e.g., completing school application forms, providing letters to help with opening bank accounts etc.
- To keep our records up to date, e.g., hotel accommodation lists, family support files, timetables of activities and rotas.
- To help with processing of new arrivals (in terms of accessing and registering with services) and departures (including onward referrals)
- To identify and request help with translation / interpretation from colleagues.
Bridging Accommodation Support Officer Requirements:
- Experience of providing housing advice around housing options and developing & delivery of housing move-on plans.
- Experience in delivery of private-rented access scheme.
- Experience in building & maintaining relationships with private landlords, lettings agents in the private rented sector.
- Experience in delivering support and advice to vulnerable groups.
- Experience of providing housing advice around housing options and developing and delivery of housing move-on plans (or equivalent)
If you are interested in the above position please apply, or for more information contact Ben Hole at Domus Recruitment.
As part of our continual pursuit of quality candidates we appreciate and reward candidate recommendations from you if we successfully secure them a position. We will reward you with £200 if you recommend a new candidate to us who is not already registered and we secure them a role for a minimum of 1 month.