Website Domus Recruitment
Domus Recruitment are working with our client in Hillingdon, who are looking for a Building Control Manager on a short-term contract until end of August 2023. You will be the designated Senior Responsible Officer for the discharge of all of the Council’s statutory Building Control responsibilities.
As the BCM, you will have direct management of a Building Control Team, ensuring agreed team plans and performance targets are delivered and that a culture of putting residents first and continuous service improvement is maintained.
Key Responsibilities of a Building Control Manager:
- To deliver a risk based operational strategy to ensure the Building Control service meets the demands of the Building Safety Regulator and Building Safety Act 2022.
- To have responsibility for the allocation, review and actioning the team’s varied and substantial caseload, ensuring all forms of application determined are properly checked for compliance with all relevant statutory building control requirements.
- To ensure Building Control operates successfully in a competitive marketplace of Building Control Service Providers.
- Act as Senior Responsible Officer for the discharge of the Councils statutory Building Control functions.
- Lead the development and implementation of the Building Control service ensuring the team are effectively managed, continuously monitored and reviewed and deliver expert advice in accordance with agreed performance standards.
- Ensuring that Building Regulation applications are processed, without exception, within the statutory time periods and, Departmental targets, and aim to always bring applications into conformity with statute including ensuring there are policies in place to reduce the number of rejections and resubmissions.
Building Control Manager Requirements:
- A degree in building control/building construction/surveying
- Membership of RICS, CABE, CIOB or MBEng or I Struct E
- Evidence of continuing professional development including the requirements of the Building Safety Act 2022
- Available to work outside of normal office hours including on occasion weekends, for both enforcement case work and for attendance at Planning Committee and other public meetings.
- Experience of managing a team of Building Control Officers
- Experience of managing officers undertaking complex structural engineering and/or civil engineering calculations and fire engineering strategies
- Experience of managing contractors
If you are interested in the above position please apply, or for more information contact Ben Hole at Domus Recruitment.
As part of our continual pursuit of quality candidates we appreciate and reward candidate recommendations from you if we successfully secure them a position. We will reward you with £200 if you recommend a new candidate to us who is not already registered and we secure them a role for a minimum of 1 month.