Website Domus Recruitment
Domus are on the lookout for a highly experienced Business Development Manager to join a growing provider in Surrey, Berkshire & Hampshire, within the Health and Social Care sector.
As the Business Development Manager, you will look to grow and develop existing services within a provider Supported Living and Care Services for adults with specialist needs such as Learning Disabilities, Autism, Mental Health.
The provider has ambitious development plans and are now seeking a Business Development Manager to support their growth ambitions focusing on tender opportunities, organic growth alongside acquisitions.
The Business Development Manager is a key post and part of the Care and Support management team.
The purpose of this post is to drive business growth and development. Key areas of responsibility are:
- Business Development
- Non-Statutory Bids and Grants
- Relationship Management
- Project Management
As a senior manager of the organisation, you will take a leading role driving a customer focus and assuring a culture of continuous improvement ensuring quality, efficiency and effectiveness is embedded in the organisation’s service design and delivery
Key requirements a Business Development Manager must have:
- Significant experience and understanding of the competitive tendering process and evidence of taking a leading role in the preparation and submission of successful bids for six figure Local Authority contracts.
- Experience of managing and influencing commissioners and other senior stakeholders to produce positive results.
- Understanding of current and future challenges in social care, housing related support
- In depth knowledge of sources of information about tendering opportunities, understanding of, and ability to assess new market opportunities and trends in relation to the business strategy
- Project Management including the development of tender bids and mobilising new service provision
- Knowledge and understanding of social care policy at a national and local level relating to social care and in particular areas relating to Learning Disability/Mental Health
- An understanding of the Health and Social Care Act and associated regulations and in particular CQC requirements
- An understanding and experience of Social Services funding, including negotiating additional funding based on analysis of support requirements both at a service and individual level
- Evidence of understanding the issues regarding persons requiring support (eg assessment of support levels, suitability, housing requirements, support mechanisms, liaising with care managers etc.)
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Intermediate IT skills, including Excel and databases
- Excellent attention to detail
- Essential car user for travel within the areas or responsibility
- Full driving license with access to a vehicle for work purposes and must have business insurance
- Company healthcare scheme
- Contributory pension
- 0.45p per mile
- Sick Pay
If you are interested in the above Business Development Manager vacancy, please contact Michael White at Domus Recruitment.
Don’t keep a good thing to yourself – Recommend a friend!!
If you are not looking, then perhaps you know someone who is and we will reward you with our recommend a friend scheme – £200 pounds worth of high street shopping vouchers if we place them into work and we do not already have them on our database.