Website Domus Recruitment
Appointment of Full Time 10 sessions – 37.5 hours per week
Consultant in Care of the Elderly
- To provide, with consultant colleagues (as appropriate) a service in Care of the Elderly and supporting the development of sub-speciality interest to the hospitals and community so designated with responsibility for the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of illness.
- All clinical staff are accountable and responsible for their own clinical competence and should limit their actions to those for which they are deemed competent. Clinical staff are also required to comply with the requirements of their professional organisation regarding supervision.
- You would work in both the acute, secondary care setting and in the community supporting the innovative and exciting work occurring outside the acute hospital. You would also take part in the acute medical in-patient service for all adult age groups and be part of the General Medical on-call rota (currently 1 in 8 but will change in the future). As a senior employee of the Health Board, the post holder will work in close co-operation with, and support other clinical, medical professional and managerial colleagues in providing high quality healthcare to the patients.
- Integral to the responsibilities of the post are the following requirements: – To ensure the provision and delivery of a first-class clinical service To provide effective leadership to all staff engaged in the specialty To sustain and develop teaching and research wherever appropriate
- To undertake all work in accordance with the Trust and operating policies Within the parameters of the health Trust service plans
- To maintain the confidence of business plans and development strategies formulated for the specialty or the clinical expertise in Care of the Elderly Experience and knowledge of running a subspecialty service Ability to engage effectively in a MDT Leadership and team building skills as well as working as part of a multidisciplinary team Supporting and training multidisciplinary teams
- Delivering care in the community alongside primary health care and social care teams Providing persuasive strategic advice to LHB’s and Social Services Departments Addressing the Intermediate Care Agenda Participating in CPD including Audit
- A Teaching and Training Role for medical undergraduates and postgraduates Educational Supervisor role to Junior and Middle Grade Medical Staff To undertake regular multidisciplinary clinical audit and provide evidence based medicine Specific Responsibilities of the Post Clinical To share the responsibility for the acute care
- To support the development and delivery of a sub specialty service in hospital and in the community To conduct clinical practice in accordance with contractual requirements within the parameters of the Division’s and Health Board’s agreed objectives. To develop and deliver a comprehensive service in Care of the Elderly Teaching/Training (as agreed with Clinical Lead/Clinical Director/ AMD/MD) To provide conditions for improved training opportunities in line with national and local recommendations arising out of MMC and related requirements
- To participate in the undergraduate teaching programme To assist and participate with the development of postgraduate training for F1s, F2s, CTs, STs, SpRs, Speciality Doctors and other staff as appropriate Where agreed, to act as Educational Supervisor to junior and middle grade medical staff Audit (as agreed with Clinical Lead/Clinical Director/AMD/MD) To promote evidence-based clinical practice To undertake regular audi
If you are interested in the above position please apply, or for more information contact Vikas Vijayan at Domus Recruitment.
As part of our continual pursuit of quality candidates we appreciate and reward candidate recommendations from you if we successfully secure them a position. We will reward you with £500 if you recommend a new candidate to us who is not already registered, and we secure them a role for a minimum of 1 month.