Website Domus Recruitment
Appointment of Full Time 10 sessions – 37.5 hours per week
Consultant in General medicine
This post is for a Locum Consultant in General Medicine with sub-specialty interest in Medicine (to be discussed at interview). This is a whole-time post of 10 PA’s for 6 months initially. The post offers an exciting opportunity for a highly motivated Medic to join a dynamic, rapidly expanding team delivering multidisciplinary acute care in Ashford and St Peters Hospitals. Applications are welcomed from consultants with a special interest whilst providing inpatient GIM cover for ward patients. Applicants are required to hold Membership of the Royal College of Physicians (UK or equivalent qualifications), to be fully registered with the General Medical Council. There will be on-call requirements for this role. Due to the short-term nature of the role/service demand, the successful candidate must hold full registration with the GMC and have existing right to live and work in the UK, at the time of application.
Main duties of the job Ward 1A General Medicine consists of a 34 bedded medical ward. There are daily Consultant Ward Rounds and /or Board Rounds per week. Some knowledge of Frailty would be an advantage. The medical staffing will consist of 3 x Consultants, 2 x SPR’s, 3 x FY2 Foundation Doctors and 2 x FY1 Foundation Doctors to support ward rounds. There is a Housekeeper, 17 x Healthcare Assistants, 20 x RGN’s, 3 x Deputy Ward Managers and 1 x Ward Manager. There is also a Matron responsible for managing the ward. There is also input from the Therapy Team which includes a Dietician, Physio, Therapists and Speech and Language Therapist.
As a Trust, our aim is to provide a high-quality service to all patients. We strive to meet the best standards for professional care whilst being sensitive and responsive to the needs of individual patients. Our valued workforce is recognised for their unique skills and talents with our teams of experts winning national awards on a regular basis.
To observe the provisions of and adhere to all Trust policies and procedures.
To actively participate in annual performance review to identify personal development needs.
To attend Trust Statutory and Mandatory training sessions as required and any other training courses relevant to the post.
To fully comply with the relevant sections of the Health and Safety at Work Act. The post holder must also understand and implement trust policies & Health and Safety at Work and the Trusts corporate Health and Safety Policies and Procedures. The post holder is required to follow all applicable rules and procedures relating to Health and Safety at Work and to take all responsible precautions.
To be aware of the confidential aspects of the post.
To keep up to date with the requirements of information governance undertake mandatory training and follow Trust policies and procedures to ensure that trust information is dealt with legally, securely, efficiently and effectively.
Breaches of confidentiality will result in disciplinary action that may involve dismissal. You must maintain the confidentiality of information about service user staff and organisational business in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation 2018 (GDPR) and Caldicott principles Person
Specification Qualifications Essential
Full GMC registration
• MBBS or equivalent medical qualification
• MRCP or equivalent medical qualification
• Valid Advanced Life Support (ALS) Provider Status Desirable
• Membership of appropriate societies
• Higher qualification in teaching & learning e.g. postgraduate certificate or master’s degree
• MD/PHD or equivalent medical qualification Experience Essential
• Appropriate knowledge and ability to apply sound clinical judgement to problems
• Demonstrates the necessary range, depth and breadth of competencies specified in the General Internal Medicine and special interest curricula
• Demonstrates ability to undertake robust audit / research within team structure within the last 3 years.
• Evidence of appropriate teaching experience within the last 3 years Skills Essential
• Excellent communication skills with the capacity to adapt language as appropriate to the situation, build rapport, listen, persuade & negotiate
• Able to use logical/lateral thinking to solve problems/make decisions
• Able to work effectively with others within and beyond the multi-professional team
• Able to supervise junior medical staff & others
• Able to take in others’ perspectives and treat others with empathy and understanding
• Able to manage/prioritise time, information and workload effectively
• Basic IT skills
• Able to monitor developing situations and anticipate issues
• Able to operate under pressure. Demonstrates initiative & resilience to cope with changing circumstances.
If you are interested in the above position please apply, or for more information contact Vikas Vijayan at Domus Recruitment.
As part of our continual pursuit of quality candidates we appreciate and reward candidate recommendations from you if we successfully secure them a position. We will reward you with £500 if you recommend a new candidate to us who is not already registered, and we secure them a role for a minimum of 1 month.