Website Domus Recruitment
Domus are seeking a Day Services Manager (30 hour contract) in Liverpool join a leading Charity that supports adults with Learning Disabilities and Mental Health needs.
As the Day Service Manager, you will manage and have oversight of 1 site with the responsibility for leading teams to provide support to people with a range of low to high support needs.
You will coach and mentor your team to embrace a person-centered approach; to enable the people we support to achieve their full potential, goals and aspirations.
You will lead and quality assure the safe achievement of supported individual’s planned outcomes in community connection, health and well being, education and employment ensuring that high standards of person-centered support is continuously developed and maintained, working with families, the local community and other providers.
You will support the senior management team in the transformation of the day services, making them fit for the future.
Key Responsibilities of a Day Centre Manager:
- Build great relationships with the people we support and the people important in their lives (families, other staff, and external professionals). Know their skills, interests, qualities, strengths, ways of communicating and aspirations and ensure the individualised service they receive plays to their strengths; helps them overcome barriers and achieves their goals.
- Work in a consistent and positive way with managers and other team members to ensure people receive a great service from the whole team at all times. Ensure all organisation policies and specific agreed ways of working in the service are followed e.g. that specific support plans, and programmes are being followed up, that medication processes are being adhered to, that money is managed effectively, that health and safety practices are carried out.
- Actively lead the team’s development by coaching and training colleagues in person centred support practices, appraisals and supervision, giving and acting on received feedback; management of risks of the individual(s) they support through understanding what is important to the individual(s), involving their families, wherever possible, and ensuring decisions are accurately recorded.
- Ensure that the service supports individuals to plan, match and decide which activities and colleagues will support their hobbies, interests, education and training, faith and socialising preferences.
- Ensure that any support activities that are delegated to team colleagues are achieved and that the relevant records are regularly updated to reflect current and accurate information.
Key requirements for a Day Centre Manager:
- NVQ Level 3 or above within Health and Social Care
- Experience of supporting people with learning disability or mental ill health who required practical and /or emotional assistance and support to develop friendships and relationships
- Track record of enabling choice and control to be a reality for people with learning disabilities or mental health
- Experience of developing strong relationships with individuals and families built on trust and respect
- Experience of leading teams to embed person centred working
- Experience of managing budgets
- Experience of developing and managing teams
- 25 days paid annual leave (plus 8 bank holidays , pro rata for part time)
- Childcare vouchers
- Access to free occupational health, physiotherapy, counselling and advice services
- Fully paid training and access to nationally recognised qualifications
- Travel to work scheme
If you are interested in the above Day Service Manager vacancy, please call Cameron at Domus Recruitment.
Don’t keep a good thing to yourself – Recommend a friend!!
If you are not looking, then perhaps you know someone who is and we will reward you with our recommend a friend scheme – £200 pounds worth of high street shopping vouchers if we place them into work and we do not already have them on our database.