Website Domus Recruitment
I am recruiting for a Deputy Manager for a newly refurbished Residential children’s service in Birmingham, supporting children and young adults with Learning Disabilities and Mental Health needs. This employer is looking for someone to join their team and to thrive in there service.
This individual will need experience with being a Deputy manager to join an independent and fast passed service, who will be able to provide coaching and development to you. You will be responsible for providing effective and inspirational leadership to a team of staff.
This provider offers a wide range of residential services in the Birmingham area with 6 different homes all together, providing specialist care and support for service users with learning disabilities and mental health needs. They are totally committed to person centred way of working and actively encourage positive and unique ways of thinking in all aspects of their care planning and review process.
Key Responsibilities of a Deputy Manager:
- Whilst overall responsibility for the home lies with the Registered Manager, the Deputy Manager (DM) is responsible for specific aspects of the home as directed.
- The Deputy Manager will also be expected to assume temporary responsibility for the home, under the supervision of the Directors, when the Registered Manager is absent due to leave (e.g., illness, annual leave).
- The Deputy Manager assumes responsibility and accountability for his or her own professional actions; exercises discretion in determining how objectives agreed with the Registered Manager (or other designated line manager) are to be achieved
- Will work within the overall framework of Company policies, procedures, and principles; adheres to professional codes of practice and terms and conditions of employment; and seeks additional and appropriate supervision and guidance as necessary in order to fulfil the requirements of the post.
- At all times the safety and welfare of the children and young people are paramount and must take priority over all other activities.
- You will be a frontline supervisor, supporting the manager to effectively manage a team of staff to deliver person centred, specialist services.
- You will need to have a sound knowledge of person-centred planning, rota planning and staff management/development.
- You will be a committed, flexible and enthusiastic team player who is able to coach and mentor a team of support workers.
Deputy Manager Requirements:
- You will have experience supporting children in a Residential or Supported Living setting.
- You will have proven experience of supervising and line managing staff, as well as experience of coordinating and planning a range of activities. This may be in a senior or team leader capacity or as a Deputy Manager.
- You will have an awareness of total communication approaches which include verbal and nonverbal means of communication
- You will have experience of dealing with challenging situations and of advocating in the best interests of individuals
If you are interested in the above position please apply, or for more information contact Ella at Domus Recruitment.
As part of our continual pursuit of quality candidates we appreciate and reward candidate recommendations from you if we successfully secure them a position. We will reward you with £200 if you recommend a new candidate to us who is not already registered and we secure them a role for a minimum of 1 month.