Website Domus Recruitment
Domus have a fantastic opportunity for a Deputy Manager to join a national fostering provider who deliver outstanding outcomes for amazing young people across the UK.
To be successful, you will have a recognised Social Work qualification, DipSW/CQSW/CSS and hold current registration with Social Work England or Social Care Wales.
As the Deputy Manager, you will report into the Registered Manager and work alongside the Regional Operations Manager to ensure that children are safe and well-matched with foster carers who can respond to their needs.
You will have significant experience of leading social work teams within a fostering service, while contributing strategically and supporting the achievement of the vision for the service.
You will be accountable for meeting recruitment and placement targets including placement stability, children’s educational and emotional health needs.
The Deputy Registered Manager will be required to work alongside commissioning teams, negotiating for packages of care and building relationships with all key stakeholders.
This is a Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm office-based role depending on your location, with an expectation to work flexibly to meet service needs.
Key Responsibilities of a Deputy Manager:
- Be aspirational and ambitious for our children and young people, supporting them to live their best lives and achieve positive outcomes.
- Ensure a timely, child-centred and procedurally correct response to all safeguarding matters including prompt oversight and management of incidents to ensure the safety and wellbeing of children, young people, foster carer, families, colleagues and others.
- Work as part of the Senior Leadership Team, promoting and developing the high-quality children’s services the agency provides and deputise for the Registered Manager in their absence.
- Operationally and strategically manage the fostering service, supporting the Registered Manager to achieve the service vision, including robust decision-making, practice oversight, inspection preparation and action planning.
- Provide positive, dynamic and performance- driven leadership for managers and their local teams, in line with the agency strategic plan.
- Liaise with and listen to carers, their families and all children and young people placed with them and the Local Authorities that placed them with the agency.
- Ensure the delivery of a mix of fostering services, including Parent and Child placements, specialist therapeutic provision and liaison with the clinical team.
- Participate and contribute in all regional team and area meetings, including regularly chairing them, as well as attending external meetings as a positive ambassador for the organisation.
Deputy Manager Requirements:
- Recognised Social Work qualification, DipSW/CQSW/CSS
- Current registration with Social Work England or Social Care Wales
- Knowledge of all current childcare legislation and current legislation and regulations governing the delivery of fostering services
- Significant experience of fostering, including Ofsted inspections
- Full clean driving licence and daily use of a car
- Understanding of the business context the organisation works within
- IT confident
- Willingness to participate in Out of Hours support to the Agency
- Free membership of a support organisation which provides significant discounts on a wide variety of products, services and trips,
- Social events for you and your family,
- A dedicated social worker,
- Access to a community of other foster carers, along with regular support groups
- Comprehensive and on-going training,
- Knowledge that you are improving lives on a daily basis!
If you are interested in the above position please apply, or for more information contact Isabella Howley at Domus Recruitment.
As part of our continual pursuit of quality candidates we appreciate and reward candidate recommendations from you if we successfully secure them a position. We will reward you with £200 if you recommend a new candidate to us who is not already registered and we secure them a role for a minimum of 1 month.