Website Domus Recruitment
Domus are on the lookout for a passionate and dedicated Health and Social Care professional with an NVQ Level 3 to join a national charity as a Deputy Manager in Canterbury, Kent.
You will be working 37.5 hours a week within a small Supported Living service, providing support for people with Learning Disabilities, Autism and behaviours that challenge. Service users may also have profound and multiple communication difficulties.
From facilitating the development of quality specialist services to meeting personalised targets you will be the Service Manager’s right-hand person, ensuring the service runs smoothly.
With experience from residential or supported living services as a Deputy Manager/Senior Support Worker/Team Leader, you will assist with the development of the home, which will see you abide by and work towards the organisation’s objectives and business plans.
Deputy Manager Responsibilities:
- Ensuring high quality life outcomes for the service users;
- Ensuring all the service users have a Person-Centred File, Comprehensive Risk Assessments, Positive Behaviour Support Plan and guidelines in place to ensure effective service delivery;
- Supporting service users to develop and maintain independence skills by having identified goals, activity planners and active support plans in place;
- Encouraging individuality and informed choices;
- Ensuring the service works in compliance with regulations;
- Continuously developing and growing in the quality-of-service delivery;
- Ensuring that people are kept safe from harm;
- Supporting staff with the competencies required to keep individual’s safe;
- Lead, motivate, mentor and nurture the well-being of staff working within the service in a manner that fully embraces the philosophy and value base of the organisation
The ideal candidate will have:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience of supporting people with learning disabilities and/ Autistic Spectrum Disorder, associated Mental health conditions and Challenging Behaviour
- National Vocational Qualification (NVQ) minimum level 3 or equivalent (or working towards completion). Or BTEC in Positive Behaviour Support;
- A willingness to undertake further training;
- Supervisory experience;
- Have a sound knowledge of working in line with Regulatory requirements (CQC);
- Individuals who are caring and supportive, and able to build strong relationships with the service users.
- Comprehensive training as well as bespoke person-centred care training to ensure staff can deliver the best care and support possible;
- DBS check paid for;
- 28 days holiday (or pro-rata);
- Competitive pay and annual pay reviews;
- Long service awards;
- Retail rewards and savings;
- Cycle to work scheme.
Don’t keep a good thing to yourself – Recommend a friend!!
If you are not looking, then perhaps you know someone who is and we will reward you with our recommend a friend scheme – £200 pounds worth of high street shopping vouchers if we place them into work and we do not already have them on our database.
If you are interested in the above Deputy Manager vacancy, please call Michael at Domus Recruitment.