Website Domus Recruitment
Domus are recruiting on behalf of a national provider of Health and Social Care, looking for a Deputy Manager in Lewisham, London, to lead a dedicated staff team within a residential service for adults with Mental Health needs.
Reporting into the Registered Manager, your team will support residents in your care to achieve their goals in life and will actively seek out opportunities for them to develop their skills and confidence through a variety of staff involvement, activities and other initiatives.
We’re looking for someone with proven leadership skills and hands-on experience within the Health and Social Care sector, ideally experienced supporting adults with Mental Health needs.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Deputy Manager or highly experienced Team Leader or Senior Support Worker who has worked at Deputy Manager level previously.
Key Responsibilities of a Deputy Manager:
- Support the Registered Manager with the running of the home and deputise in their absence.
- Manage & supervise the preparation of Person-Centred Care Plans, Review & Assessments, implementing plans with the assistance of the care team.
- Provide leadership & advice to colleagues and undertake line management responsibilities
- Promote and demonstrate a positive culture, addressing and managing behaviours that fall below expectation.
- Contribute to and have oversight of reviewing reports, records and care plans to ensure they remain compliant with legal and organisational requirements.
- Manage systems and procedures effectively in a timely manner including colleague rotas and incident reporting.
- Assess and ensure the quality of care given is of a high standard by supporting the manager to implement processes.
- Identify and implement improvements within the service.
- Undertake direct care to the people we support as required.
Key requirements a Deputy Manager must have:
- Must hold an NVQ Level 3, ideally hold or be working towards NVQ Level 5.
- Experience of leading & managing a team within a health care setting and experience of delivering care.
- Ideally have experience of administering medication.
- Knowledge and understanding of working with Mental Health needs.
- Understanding of safeguarding adults at risk, health & safety requirements related to running a care home and infection control.
- Understanding of the regulations and legislation within the care profession.
- Understanding of CQC, national minimum standards and key care principles
- 28 days annual leave including bank holidays
- Health and wellbeing support through an Employee Assistance Programme
- Pension scheme with a company contribution
- SMART Pensions
- Cycle scheme
If you are interested in the above Deputy Manager vacancy, please call Michael at Domus Recruitment.
Don’t keep a good thing to yourself – Recommend a friend!!
If you are not looking, then perhaps you know someone who is and we will reward you with our recommend a friend scheme – £200 pounds worth of high street shopping vouchers if we place them into work and we do not already have them on our database.