Website Domus Recruitment
I am currently working on behalf of a market leader in the Health and Social care sector who are looking for a Ward manager to run two new wards. As the Ward Manager of the PICU and Acute wards you will be working closely with the MDT and empower the nurses on the wards.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced RMN to join a great company that will invest in your development and further your managerial progression.
Key responsibilities of a Ward Manager:
- Provide day to day management of a team of staff working within the service.
- Work closely with the Senior Staff and Nurses to ensure the efficient and effective running of their areas of responsibility.
- Working hours 8 – 4/4.30.
- Contribute to the ongoing development of patient-centred services.
- Provide specialist clinical advice and care within designated area responsibility.
- You will be required to implement and manage clinical processes, embedding policies and procedures.
- Support the Head of Nursing in establishing a high quality service, ensuring CQC standards are being met and providing Clinical leadership to the nursing team.
Key skills required to be a Dual Ward Manager:
- Experience working in PICU or Acute is essential.
- Be a strong leader demonstrating initiative and creativity.
- Be able to work Autonomously.
- Be flexible and adaptable, well organised and able to manage time and workload effectively in line with the needs of the service.
- Wholly adopt a person-centred ethos, showing empathy and a desire to make a difference.
- Ability to empower nurses
- A thorough induction programme tailored to the hospital where you will be working
- Clear pay structure, with competitive rates
- Generous annual leave entitlement.
- Good CQC rating
- Sick pay of 4 weeks full pay and 4 weeks half pay
- The opportunity to participate in a company contributory pension scheme with up to 3% matching contributions
- Maternity leave at 3 month’s full pay and 3 month’s half pay
- 2 weeks paid paternity leave
- Shared parental leave, matching the maternity leave benefit
- A fantastic preceptorship programme
- Death in service benefit equivalent to 2 x salary
- Reimbursement for NMC registration fees
- A range of staff discounts
- Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
- Support for revalidation
- Support for BSc and MSc
- Professional support through Nurses forum
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
If you are interested in the above position please apply, or for more information contact Max at Domus Recruitment.
As part of our continual pursuit of quality candidates we appreciate and reward candidate recommendations from you if we successfully secure them a position. We will reward you with £200 if you recommend a new candidate to us who is not already registered and we secure them a role for a minimum of 1 month.