Website Domus Recruitment
Domus are recruiting for a fantastic opportunity for a Head of Learning Disabilities to join a national provider that cares and supports adults with Learning Disabilities and Autism.
Reporting into the Managing Director, you will be responsible for the managerial oversight of a number of Residential services across Surrey and London, driving on quality, compliance and financial performance.
You will be responsible for Registered Managers who directly manage each location, your role will be to ensure the quality of the support is innovative, creative and delivers the outcomes people want through the management and staff teams.
You will have a key role in quality monitoring, staff resources, training, budgets, reporting on the performance and achievements of your teams and celebrating success.
You will need to have experience of managing multiple locations/ teams that provide supported living/ outreach/ employment opportunities or registered care homes for people with Learning Disabilities.
Key Responsibilities of a Head of Learning Disabilities:
- Lead and develop a culture that values the very highest standards of safety, quality and excellent service user care.
- Insert measures into Services which guarantee the high standards of health and safety; actioning any identified areas of concern as a priority.
- Lead and manage the Management Team across all aspects of day-to-day business deliverables through supervision, effective management, personal development, retention, and succession planning.
- Monitoring performance in relation to quality and key performance indicators to agreed targets for care standards and quality.
- Ensure compliance with all statutory regulatory bodies and company policies and procedures, and be accountable for ensuring findings from internal site quality inspections are reviewed and actioned as appropriate.
- Monitoring of all financial controllables and care hour delivery against the local authority placement contracts and agreed funding matrix.
- Ensure that key hotspots of concern are given focus and development through auditing and action planning. Providing regular progress updates to the Managing Director.
- Guarantee that any areas of concern identified surrounding quality and compliance are thoroughly investigated, and that remedies are put into place to safeguard against recurrence.
- Oversee the transition of new Service Users, ensure that new SUPs, RAs, and HAPs are completed prior to arrival. Instrumental in the preparation of living arrangements (furniture / furnishings etc) for new Service User admissions.
- On occasion there may be the need to lead the weekly MT Meetings, ensuring that tasks are allocated and actioned as necessary.
Key requirements a Head of Learning Disabilities must have:
- Multi-site management experience or preferably experience as an Area/Regional/Operations manager across services for adults with Learning Disabilities
- NVQ Level 5 in Health and Social Care
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to deal with staffing on all levels
- Driving License and car
- 25 days annual leave (plus bank holidays).
- A 24-Hour Employee Assistance Programme.
- Life Assurance and Pension scheme.
- Paid enhanced DBS for you.
If you are interested in the above Head of Learning Disabilities vacancy, please contact Michael at Domus Recrtuitment.
Don’t keep a good thing to yourself – Recommend a friend!!
If you are not looking, then perhaps you know someone who is and we will reward you with our recommend a friend scheme – £200 pounds worth of high street shopping vouchers if we place them into work and we do not already have them on our database.