Website Domus Recruitment
Domus Recruitment are working on behalf of our client in Tower Hamlets, London who are looking for a Housing Options Officer on a short-term contract till end of August 2023, to cover long term sickness.
This role will be mainly based in the office & client-facing, however there will be an element of home-working to this position also.
Key Responsibilities of a Housing Options Officer:
- To conduct housing options interviews with customers focussing on assessing housing needs, preventing homelessness and giving good quality advice on the housing choices available so that customers can make informed decisions.
- To negotiate and mediate with landlords, parents and other accommodation providers to prevent homelessness and provide practical assistance to help customers remain in their accommodation, including home visit.
- To ensure that homeless notifications are issued in accordance with the timeframes set out in legislation. This is to be achieved by efficient case management.
- Liaise, negotiate and engage with landlords and letting agents to prevent and relief homelessness.
- Knowledge of the duties owed to the homeless under Part VII of the Housing Act 1996 as amended including Homelessness Reduction Act 2017 and the Homelessness Act 2002.
- Knowledge of Landlord and Tenant Legislation, the Housing Act 1985 and 1988, the Protection from Eviction Act 1977, and knowledge of Family law and welfare benefits.
- The ability to deliver homelessness prevention and housing option solutions with these being tailored to diverse communities and differing customer needs.
- Knowledge of the strategies for preventing homelessness and the main housing options initiatives, provided by both statutory and voluntary organisations.
- To have an understanding of welfare benefits and have a level of numeracy sufficient to give basic money and housing advice using available tools.
If you are interested in the above position please apply, or for more information contact Ben Hole at Domus Recruitment.
As part of our continual pursuit of quality candidates we appreciate and reward candidate recommendations from you if we successfully secure them a position. We will reward you with £200 if you recommend a new candidate to us who is not already registered and we secure them a role for a minimum of 1 month.