Website Domus Recruitment
Domus Recruitment are looking for a Housing Options & Opportunities Adviser in Camden, which will be a contract that runs until the end of April. You will be providing tailored advice to customers approaching the Housing Options and Advice Service on a range of options and opportunities including housing, training & employment, wellbeing, welfare benefits and debt.
To provide specialist advice and casework service to a range of residents including, homeless households, households who are threatened with homeless, households in insecure accommodation young people and families within families.
Key Responsibilities of a Housing Options & Opportunities Adviser:
- To provide tailored advice on housing options, training & employment, wellbeing & welfare benefits/money management to customers threatened with homelessness or who are living in private rent accommodation or other settled non-social housing.
- To respond effectively to, prevent homelessness through advice, negotiation, mediation or conciliation, or by securing immediate access to alternative accommodation and generally promoting a housing options approach to service delivery to a full range of customers.
- To be responsible for managing a caseload, maintaining accurate, detailed casework records, identifying priorities and meeting individual and service performance targets.
- To maintain and develop extensive and specialist knowledge of housing options, homelessness law and practice and related fields including housing benefit and welfare rights.
- To deliver advice from drop-in service and to attend advice and options surgeries and outreach sessions as required, and to visit people at home who are threatened with homelessness as necessary.
Housing Options & Opportunities Adviser Requirements:
- Good knowledge of homelessness prevention and the public and private sector options available to people in housing need.
- Good knowledge the issues affecting homeless or households threatened with homelessness and the range of policy initiatives to address these.
- Good knowledge of housing options, opportunities, training & employment, wellbeing, welfare benefits and debt.
- Good working knowledge of immigration and related social welfare legislation and benefit regulations
If you are interested in the above position please apply, or for more information contact Ben Hole at Domus Recruitment.
As part of our continual pursuit of quality candidates we appreciate and reward candidate recommendations from you if we successfully secure them a position. We will reward you with £200 if you recommend a new candidate to us who is not already registered and we secure them a role for a minimum of 1 month.