Website Domus Recruitment
Domus are on the looking for a Registered Manager to cover maternity leave (up to 12 Months FTC) within a national provider of care, based in Isleworth, Surrey.
As the Registered Manager, you will be responsible for two small residential services in Isleworth for adults with Learning Disabilities and Autism.
There is a focus on providing lots of inclusive activities within the homes – music therapy, aromatherapy sessions, dance and karaoke evenings and live entertainment for everyone to enjoy if they wish.
We are looking for an experienced manager within the Health and Social Care sector, looking for an interim opportunity within a reputable care provider.
Key Responsibilities of an Interim Registered Manager
- Take on the role of Registered Manager directing the day-to-day running of the services to ensure the provision of high quality, safe care and support in accordance with CQC standards;
- Lead by example in the management of employees, including ensuring regular supervision for all staff, and handling disciplinary issues when they arise;
- Take overall responsibility for health and safety, including all risk assessments according to our policies and CQC requirements;
- Create and update support plans for all service users, ensuring these are shared and adhered to in order to promote good health, independence and skills;
- Support service users with any individual health needs including organising support from the GP, district nurse etc, and to organise the ordering, receipt and safe administration of all medications used within the home;
- Manage the budget for the service – this position will be key in understanding and managing the budget including management of voids and staffing;
- Confidently plan and ensure delivery of in-house training to groups of new and existing staff, covering both general principles and specific examples of good practice and take responsibility for organising external trainers according to the needs of our service users.;
- Ensure the service is staffed adequately at all times;
- To be fully conversant with the CQC inspection process and able to prove compliance in the event of an inspection; keeping abreast of changes within the Sector
- Take overall responsibility for petty cash, ensuring records are accurate and up to date;
- Build professional and trusted relationships with colleagues, residents and other stakeholders;
- Be a motivator, to service users, staff and outside agencies.
Interim Registered Manager Requirements:
- Management experience within the Health and Social Care, ideally in residential services;
- Hold a Level 5 qualification in Health and Social Care or be willing to work towards this;
- Able to demonstrate knowledge of the current CQC care standards in order to help ensure our service is Safe, Caring, Effective, Responsive and Well-led;
- Computer literate, with good levels of written and verbal communication;
- Experience of note-taking, to provide meaningful records of meetings with staff, residents and their families, and outside agencies;
- Caring, patient and approachable, able to work with sensitivity as well as urgency where necessary;
- Awareness of the importance of confidentiality is essential;
- Experience of managing training and HR issues, and be familiar with safe recruitment processes;
- Flexible and able to prioritise their workload, sometimes under pressure, in an extremely busy setting.
- Discretionary 10% annual bonus scheme
- Free DBS
- Life assurance benefit of twice annual basic salary
- Comprehensive induction and excellent training
- Recognition Awards, including long service awards
- Cycle to work Scheme
If you are interested in the above position please apply, or for more information contact Michael White at Domus Recruitment.
As part of our continual pursuit of quality candidates we appreciate and reward candidate recommendations from you if we successfully secure them a position. We will reward you with £200 if you recommend a new candidate to us who is not already registered and we secure them a role for a minimum of 1 month.