Website Domus Recruitment
Domus are urgently looking for an Interim Service Manager in Hythe, Kent, to join a national charity on a 6-month interim basis.
As the Interim Service Manager, you will be responsible for the day to day running of a Supported Living service for up to 8 adults with Learning Disabilities, managing a small staff team.
Reporting into the Registered Manager, you will be a role model to others through demonstrating excellent support to those supported. The purpose of the role is to assist the Registered Manager by holding delegated responsibility in key areas of the day-to-day running of the supported living activity/service. You will also have delegated responsibility for the direct supervision and line management of a team of support workers.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking for work immediately and available to start ASAP.
Key Responsibilities of an Interim Service Manager:
- Lead and direct the teams in person centered planning and support for the people we support, ensuring that tailored support plans are completed, reviewed and continuously developed to meet individual needs, wishes and outcomes.
- Ensure teams actively support and promote the health and well-being of people we support and that current issues or changes in health, behavioral, emotional, psychological or mental health needs are reported to the relevant professionals and support sought if necessary.
- Lead and direct teams to facilitate and empower independence of people we support.
- Take an active role in the development and growth of the Organisation, supporting the business development objectives and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) in line with the Organisational strategic aims and objectives.
- Maintaining a good local market knowledge to ensure that opportunities for the people supported are maximised and that the Organisation is aware of external changes that will affect the service(s) market position.
- Be responsible for quality management and auditing of service delivery, maintaining accurate internal and external quality assurance records and completing any required improvement actions.
- Ensuring effective financial planning and budgetary control for the service, liaising as appropriate with the Operations and Development Manager and the Finance Department.
Key requirements an Interim Service Manager must have:
- Experience of working in an Autism, Learning Disabilities, Mental Health sector environment as a Deputy Manager, Service Manager, Registered Manager.
- The desire and ability to ensure that each person we support receives the care and support that is appropriate to their assessed individual needs.
- An understanding of CQC assessment criteria.
- Experience in managing and developing a staff team.
- Hold a current driving license and have own vehicle.
- Be qualified or willing to complete the Level 5 diploma in Health and Social Care.
- A good understanding of risk management and health and safety management.
- Excellent administration and IT skills.
- A range of discounts and rewards across shops, restaurants, gym membership and days out and also includes an Employee Assistance Programme with telephone and face-to-face support options
- Access to award winning training and development
- Annual staff award scheme
- A contributory pension scheme & life assurance
- Free DBS Check
If you are interested in the above Interim Service Manager vacancy, please call Michael at Domus Recruitment.
As part of our continual pursuit of quality candidates we appreciate and reward candidate recommendations from you if we successfully secure them a position. We will reward you with £200 if you recommend a new candidate to us who is not already registered and we secure them a role for a minimum of 1 month.