Website Domus Recruitment
A specialist Supported Living care provider is seeking a Locality Manager to over see the day to day duties in the service are run efficiently and effectively. You will carry out duties at all times in a manner consistent with the code of conduct issued by the General Social Care Council. You will provide high quality support to service users with Learning Disabilities, Autism and Challenging Behaviours.
Responsibilities of Locality Manager
- Visit service-users in their homes and undertakes a comprehensive needs assessment relative to the services the agency provides.
- Carry out a detailed risk assessment in relation to the service-user’s home, and the safety/welfare of both the service-user and the support worker within it.
- Assess the delivery of care, and any special risks to the support workers(s) assigned to the service-user. Areas of interest include manual handling, infection control, administration of medicines, slips, trips and falls etc.
- Draw on needs assessment, produces a Personal Care Plan/Person Centred Plan/Support Plan for the service-user.
- Discusses Personal Care Plans with service-users, agency manager, and other professionals directly involved in the care of the service-user.
- Provide effective supervision to the Seniors and Support Workers engaged in the delivery of care to service-users.
- Acts as supervisor and mentor to support workers and identifies/implements appropriate training or coaching necessary for them to improve and/or develop their skills, and relevant to the work of the agency and NVQ/QCF considerations.
- Provide leadership to the team acting as a positive role model at all times.
- Manage rotas on a daily basis.
- Lead the shift, ensuring staff give support that follows individual’s care plans and daily support plans.
- Provide on call cover as arranged by the Registered Manager/Service Manager, working within on call guidance.
- Ensure good team working.
- Motivate, support and mentor the staff when needed.
- Ensure all staff complete all necessary paperwork to Principle Support’s acceptable standards.
- IT competency is an absolute MUST – whilst we will obviously provide training on our in house systems and databases, we do not have capacity to teach how to use a computer / apps on which absolutely everything we do is managed – documentation, care notes, rotas, files – all are done via web based apps or systems.
- Strong organisational skills, initiative, and ability to effectively manage sometimes conflicting priorities are also essential, as is the ability to remain calm under pressure and be able to receive constructive criticism and act on it in a positive manner.
- Part of the role is being part of the on call rota, which is shared currently between 7 other people on a rota basis, covering a week at a time out of hours. This usually involves a few phone calls during the evenings to report sickness or incidents etc. however it can involve having to attend service or work a shift if there is no other alternative which is the reason that the person must be fully flexible to be able to meet those demands (although on call doesn’t come in until induction is complete).
- The requirement to be able to work support shifts when necessary also sits with each service manager when all other options have been exhausted, though this does not happen frequently.
- Standard Contributory Pension
- Qualifying Mileage is paid at £0.50p
*The following requirements are met and as such wont process applications extremely fast, as the turnover of the staff and how low it has been is something they pride themselves on.*
- Relevant experience
- No moving around from job to job every couple of years
- Description of duties rather than bullet points which demonstrates clearly the experience and qualities the company is looking for.
If you are interested in the above position please apply, or for more information contact Ryan by calling Domus Recruitment.
As part of our continual pursuit of quality candidates we appreciate and reward candidate recommendations from you if we successfully secure them a position.
We will reward you with £200 if you recommend a new candidate to us who is not already registered and we secure them a role for a minimum of 1 month.