Website Domus Recruitment
Job Ref: CL-RMW-19261
Job Title: Regional Manager – Learning Disabilities
Salary: £50,000 + 5k car allowance
Domus have a fantastic opportunity for a Regional Manager to join a national provider of care and support for adults with Learning Disabilities within extra care services
As the Regional Manager you support 7 services across the Wirral.
You will be responsible for staff management, development and coaching, as well as budgeting and driving performance.
We are ideally looking for someone who has worked/is working as an Area/Regional Manager within the Health and Social Care sector, but can consider a highly experienced multi-site Registered Manager, experienced managing multiple Supported Living or Residential services for adults with Learning Disabilities.
This is a great opportunity for someone to join a forward thinking, person-centred organisation who offer quality services to vulnerable adults.
Key Responsibilities of an Area Manager:
- Leading and managing the Management Team across all aspects of day-to-day business deliverables; through supervision, effective management, personal development, and succession planning. Monitoring performance in relation to quality and key performance indicators to agreed targets for care standards and quality.
- Ensuring compliance with all statutory regulatory bodies and company policies and procedures. Being accountable for ensuring findings from internal site quality inspections are reviewed and actioned as appropriate.
- Managing relationships with third party professionals, staff teams, Service User families and all other stakeholders as required.
- Monitoring of all financial controllables and care hour delivery against the local authority placement contracts and agreed funding matrix.
- Inserting measures into Services that guarantee the highest standards of health and safety; actioning any identified areas of concern as a priority.
- Ensuring that all Services are staffed by appropriately trained care staff, and that all are compliant with any mandatory training and refreshers.
- Ensuring that key hotspots of concern are given focus and development through auditing and action planning. Providing regular progress updates to the Head of Operations.
- Overseeing the transition of new Service Users, ensure that new SUPs, RAs, and HAPs are completed prior to arrival. Instrumental in the preparation of living arrangements (furniture / furnishings etc) for new Service User admissions.
- Ensuring that any areas of concern identified surrounding quality and compliance are thoroughly investigated, and that remedies are put into place to safeguard against recurrence.
- Leading Management Team Meetings if required, ensuring that tasks are allocated and actioned as necessary.
- Ensuring their own personal development by continually seeking opportunities for training and development.
- Ensuring effective out-of-hours cover as required, with participation in a weekend on-call rota.
Key requirements an Area must have:
- Have obtained a level 5 qualification in Health and Social Care, or equivalent.
- Highly experienced within the care and support for adults with Learning Disabilities and Mental Health.
- Be comfortable managing a team of managers, ensuring accountability and high standards at all times.
- Have significant experience managing relationships with professionals associated with the care sector.
- Have sound judgement in difficult and complex situations.
- Encourage a positive and supportive culture.
- 25 days Annual leave plus 8 bank holidays
- Refer a friend scheme
- An Employee Assistance Program
If you are interested in the above Area Manager vacancy, please call Cameron at Domus Recruitment.
Don’t keep a good thing to yourself – Recommend a friend!!
If you are not looking, then perhaps you know someone who is and we will reward you with our recommend a friend scheme – £200 pounds worth of high street shopping vouchers if we place them into work and we do not already have them on our database.