Website Domus Recruitment
Domus are on the lookout for an experienced Manager within the Health and Social Care sector to join a national charity in Launceston Cornwall, as a Registered Manager.
Accountable to the Regional Director, the Registered Manager role has overall responsibility for the management of a residential service for adults with Learning Disabilities and Autism. This is a 5 bedded service and is rated ‘good’ with CQC.
You will take a lead on all aspects of the operational day to day leadership of the home. This includes Registration as the manager with the relevant regulator (CQC) and compliance with all legislation and external and internal standards.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a current Registered Manager looking for a new challenge or a highly experienced Deputy Manager looking for that next stage of progression!
Key Responsibilities of a Registered Manager:
- Take responsibility for continuous improvement of the services given CQC (Care Quality Commission) requirements, QAF (Quality Assessment Framework – the local authorities’ quality monitoring framework) standards, best practice, to achieve personalised, high quality, safe service provision.
- Ensure the services are delivered in line with health and safety standards and the Health and Safety Act 1974.
- Ensure all people who wish to be in the cluster of services are supported by excellence in Person Centered Active Support.
- Ensure that the finances for all services within the cluster are managed to budget ensuring maximum value for money.
- Manage the rota effectively to ensure that staffing levels are maintained at all times and meet the needs of the people we support in the most efficient way.
- Identify development opportunities for both current and future people supported, by actively promoting services and meeting targets set by the Regional Manager or Line Manager.
Key requirements a Registered Manager must have:
- Qualified to a Level 5 Diploma in Leadership and Management for Adult Care or equivalent.
- Experience and up to date knowledge of the Learning Disabilities sector.
- Skills in supporting people with complex needs and with knowledge and experience of negotiating and building relationships with Local Authorities and other external agencies.
- A proven track record of managing significant budgets in a tight financial climate.
- Strong communication skills and have an awareness and sensitivity of dealing with the issues surrounding a changing organisation.
- Be able to demonstrate strong leadership skills, including managing motivating and coaching experienced managers.
- A pivotal role with the scope to shape and contribute to the working of the wider Area Management team.
- Apply and successfully pass CQC’s Fit Persons Interview within six months of taking up this role and maintain the Registered Manager position.
- A range of discounts and rewards across shops, restaurants, gym membership and days out and also includes an Employee Assistance Programme with telephone and face-to-face support options
- High level training and development
- Annual staff award schemes
- 33 days annual leave (inclusive of bank holidays)
- A contributory pension scheme & life assurance
- Free DBS Check
If you are interested in the above Registered Manager vacancy, please apply or for more information, contact Ella at Domus Recruitment.
Don’t keep a good thing to yourself – Recommend a friend!!
If you are not looking, then perhaps you know someone who is and we will reward you with our recommend a friend scheme – £200 pounds worth of high street shopping vouchers if we place them into work and we do not already have them on our database.