Website Domus Recruitment
A specialist care provider is seeking a Registered Manager to manage a specialist care and support company in South Shields. It is a residential service which provides support for people with mental health.
The accommodation for this service is Residential home specialising in the provision of services relating to accommodation for persons who require nursing or personal care, caring for adults over 65 yrs, caring for adults under 65 yrs and mental health conditions.
The company strive to deliver great quality care and support, and their vision is to make a life changing difference to the people they support. The values are the forefront of their company and help guide how they do business, and the behaviours they expect as they work towards the companies core purpose.
Responsibilities of Registered Manager:
- You will have an understanding, awareness and previous experience of mental health disorders and legal frameworks such as Mental Health Act i.e. section 17, section 117 aftercare, community treatment orders (CTO’s), Sexual Harm Prevention Orders (SHPO), Multi-agency public protection arrangements (MAPPA)
- Be able to develop good interpersonal relationships with people we support and guide staff to do the same.
- Facilitate and encourage people we support to engage in personal recovery and accept this is unique to them and is respected.
- Apply recovery principles to develop an environment that enhances the persons recovery journey.
- Put the person we support at the centre of their care and support an promote optimism and hope for their increased independence.
- Provide intensive support (both practical and emotional) to people undergoing a period of mental health related crisis such as psychotic episodes and self-harm.
- Ensure recovery focused care and support plans are created, reviewed, evaluation and amended in accordance with changing needs.
- Use strengths based approaches and promote inclusion and co-production. Use a rights based approach.
- Ensure ongoing assessment and management of risk within an attitude of ‘positive risk taking’.
- Develop and maintain links with key agencies and service providers in the local community.
- Support people we support to undertake domestic tasks wherever possible, including practical assistance where they have not yet developed the skills, to ensure people we support enjoy a high quality of accommodation.
- Maintain good liaison and good relationships with all involved professionals and agencies i.e. community mental health teams, in-patient mental health teams, offender managers, social workers and probation officers.
- Have an ability to cope positively with challenging and diverse behaviours
- Financially astute and exceptionally organized,
- You will join us with a Registered Managers Award plus your Level 5 Diploma or equivalent qualification or be eligible to complete the Level 5 Diploma.
- You will certainly be experienced in care management and will possess excellent knowledge of Care Standards, Regulations and Valuing People.
- KPI bonus
- Blue light card
- Funded DBS checks
- Paid during training and induction
- Funded CPD and nurses PIN
- Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
- V-Assure – a confidential 24/7 helpline
- Long service award
If you are interested in the above position please apply, or for more information contact Ryan by calling Domus Recruitment.
As part of our continual pursuit of quality candidates we appreciate and reward candidate recommendations from you if we successfully secure them a position.
We will reward you with £200 if you recommend a new candidate to us who is not already registered and we secure them a role for a minimum of 1 month.