Website Domus Recruitment
An opportunity has arisen with a large housing and care provider who deliver a broad range of innovative and professional services for people nationally. They are looking for a Service Manager for their supported living services in Middlesbrough which provide support for young people with mental health needs, Learning Disabilities and homeless support.
Reporting to the Area Manager, you will manage the supported living service which helps people to live independently by providing high quality, registered and non registered specialist support and housing services.
£33,706 – increasing to £35,480 after 12 months satisfactory performance
May include some on call work or flexibility in hours if cover is needed
Key Responsibilities of a Service Manager:
- Manage the delivery, implementation and development of a quality service that responds to customer, organisational and financial need resulting in the creation and continuation of sustainable services in support of Group aims and objectives.
- Ensure the consistent delivery of services and enforcement of tenancy conditions in compliance with health and safety, housing regulations and other relevant legislation to ensure service users are supported to maintain their tenancy understanding their rights and obligations.
- Ensure the availability of administrative support for the delivery of high quality, value for money and economically viable support services, to maintain accurate records, assist with the setting and monitoring of budgets and accounts and to support debt recovery.
- Manage the recruitment, performance management and development of quality staff and ensure that resources are managed effectively to meet business needs.
- Ensure that contract performance complies with regulatory and organisational requirements, ensuring best practice is shared across the service and all staff have an understanding and commitment to the delivery of the business objectives.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with clients, and relevant external agencies ensuring clients are empowered to become involved in the service, local and national forums, and to engage with community activities.
- Work within a multidisciplinary framework to ensure that clients’ support packages include appropriate resources and respond to current and potential client needs.
Service Manager Requirements:
- Registered Manager Award or similar relevant professional qualification
- NVQ5 Health & Social Care, or willing to work towards
- Comprehensive knowledge of relevant current statutory legislation and good practice principles
- Proven knowledge of key needs and services for relevant client group
- Proven experience in staff management
- Proven experience in managing care, supported living or retirement living services
- Some knowledge of working in a regulated environment
- Some experience of budget preparation and cost control
- A pension scheme
- Health and well-being plans
- Discounted products and services
- Personal advice and counselling
- Family-friendly arrangements
- Tax efficient benefits
- Generous annual leave
If you are interested in the above position please apply, or for more information contact Jade at Domus Recruitment.
As part of our continual pursuit of quality candidates we appreciate and reward candidate recommendations from you if we successfully secure them a position. We will reward you with £200 if you recommend a new candidate to us who is not already registered and we secure them a role for a minimum of 1 month.