Website Domus Recruitment
A small charitable organisation is seeking a Service Manager for a Supported Living service in Scarborough, which provides support for people with a range of disabilities including learning disabilities, mental health, physical disabilities and complex needs in their own homes. The role is full time, and you would be reporting into the Locality Manager who is Registered Manager of the service.
This role is with an award-winning social care charity, providing support to adults with care needs both out in the community and within their own homes. They also manage a pioneering Shared Lives service, in which trained carers open their homes for people with a support need to stay with them on a long or short-term basis.
Responsibilities of Service Manager:
- The day to day management of a team of Support Workers and Shared Lives Carers.
- The promotion of the Shared Lives service and assessment of new Shared Lives Carers.
- Ensuring the service is running in compliance with regulating authorities and company quality assurance framework, including completion of audits of finance and medication.
- Assessment and development of new packages, reviewing and upkeep of existing packages to ensure support arrangements meet customer needs and outcomes.
- Continually improving services offered by the company by working positively with their customers and developing good relationships with service commissioners and care managers.
- The role is based at their office in Scarborough, however they support agile working and there will be some opportunities to work from home.
Salary is £23,000-£25,000
37 hours a week
You will work office hours but need to be able to work flexibly and participate in the out of hours on call service (predominantly telephone on call)
You will need to be a driver due to the nature of this role
- You will need to have at least two years working on the community and experience of managing a team
- Sound management experience and working with people with complex needs
- NVQ Level 3 in Health and Social Care is desirable.
- Excellent ability to interpret and apply CQC fundamental standards of quality and safety
- A thorough understanding of the issues which face people with a learning disability and/or mental health difficulties including a working knowledge of the Health and Social Care Act 2008.
- Enthusiasm and a positive attitude towards supporting people with learning disabilities and mental health difficulties
- Good communication skills (both written and oral), including listening skills and the ability to communicate effectively with people with learning disabilities and/or mental health difficulties using a variety of different methods as required.
- Good ICT skills.
- Proven leadership ability, proven skills in budget control, quality assurance, rota writing supervision, sickness absence management, performance management and team building.
- Award winning in-house training with opportunities to develop your career
- 24/7 Everyday Advice helpline, giving you impartial guidance regarding any personal matters or concerns you may have
- On Call support 24 hours a day
- Discounts at high street retailers and on gym memberships
- Access to our Health Cash Plan
- Paid travel expenses between consecutive sessions of support
- Mileage paid at 45p per mile
- £250 bonus for recommending a friend to become a support worker
If you are interested in the above position please apply, or for more information contact Jade by calling Domus Recruitment.
As part of our continual pursuit of quality candidates we appreciate and reward candidate recommendations from you if we successfully secure them a position. We will reward you with £200 if you recommend a new candidate to us who is not already registered and we secure them a role for a minimum of 1 month.