Website Domus Recruitment
A large charitable organisation is seeking a Service Manager for a Supported Living service in Huddersfield, to join their well established team of managers, who provide support to people in their own homes either through the outreach service or in a supported living service. These services are for people with Learning Disabilities or PMLD.
This role is with a leading and national charity, who have over 400 locations across England and Wales, supporting people with Learning Disabilities, physical disabilities and Mental Health conditions.
Responsibilities of Service Manager:
- The day to day management of a team of Support Workers
- Ensuring the service is running in compliance with regulating authorities and company quality assurance framework, including completion of audits of finance and medication.
- Continually improving services offered by the company by working positively with their customers and developing good relationships with service commissioners and care managers.
- Leading good practice and developing excellence in service, you will provide management support whilst supporting people to build community relationships.
- You will maintain and enhance our high standards and build strong working relationships with our customers, regulators and other important stakeholders. This will include taking direct management responsibility for referrals, health and safety, compliance issues and financial control.
- You will also play an important strategic role in defining, developing and implementing our growth plans.
- Reporting to the Registered Service Manager and Area Manager
Potential for some flexible working from home some of the time
- You will need to have at least two years working on the community and experience of managing a team
- Minimum NVQ level 3 in Social Care Management or equivalent with proven experience within social care at a management level.
- Must be a driver as you will be working across 2 services
- Excellent ability to interpret and apply CQC fundamental standards of quality and safety
- You must have a positive attitude towards issues of learning disability and mental health and a comprehensive understanding of these issues in practice.
- With the ability to act as lead practitioner and develop the team’s skills via supervision and on the job coaching, you will have the aptitude to respond to the needs of a 24 hour service to include on call arrangements and a need to provide management cover when required and therefore a flexible approach is essential.
- Enthusiasm and a positive attitude towards supporting people with learning disabilities
- Proven leadership ability, proven skills in budget control, quality assurance, rota writing supervision, sickness absence management, performance management and team building.
- 25 days paid annual leave (plus 8 bank holidays, pro rata for part time), which increases after 3 and 5 years’ service
- Pension contribution
- Access to free occupational health, physiotherapy, counselling and advice services
- Fully paid training and access to nationally recognised qualifications
- Access to an online shopping platform with discounts from over 3,500 retailers
- Access to Costco and Blue Light Card memberships
If you are interested in the above position please apply, or for more information contact Jade by calling Domus Recruitment.
As part of our continual pursuit of quality candidates we appreciate and reward candidate recommendations from you if we successfully secure them a position. We will reward you with £200 if you recommend a new candidate to us who is not already registered and we secure them a role for a minimum of 1 month.