Website Domus Recruitment
A specialist care provider is seeking a Service Manager to manage a service in York, the service provides support for users with L/D and Autism and complex care needs.
The organisation focuses on the service users being the forefront of everything and staff get trained to adhere to the principles within the service.
Responsibilities of Service Manager
- Perform visible support service team leadership and management by Providing planned, competent, motivated 24-hour personal care with holistic support ensuring the staff team consistently delivers the support needs of the individuals
- Role modelling and supporting ‘on rota’, ‘Local On-Call’ at weekends where needed
- Delivering successful; structured support, teaching, coaching, mentoring and developing each team member ensuring learning is put into daily practice
- Applying profession employment welfare practices and standards
- Making certain the environment and supports are always risk-managed and safeguarding individuals from any form of harm or abuse. Understanding and implementing transparent ‘duty of candour
- Sound knowledge of working with people with Learning Disabilities, Autism and complex needs and experience of working in a similar setting
- Can work to your own workload and be organised
- Minimum NVQ Level 4 in Health and Social Care
- Good communication skills (both written and oral), including listening skills and the ability to communicate effectively with people
- Up to date knowledge of CQC regulations, health & social care legislation and regulatory requirements.
- Previous experience of managing services supporting vulnerable people with complex needs
- Award in Educational and Training (AET) and IOSH trained al mandatory and management training
- Relevant professional training and qualifications within a health and social care setting
- MAPA trained(Desirable)
- Car driver with full clean driving license and business use insurance
If you are interested in the above position please apply or for more information contact Ryan Wood at Domus Recruitment.
As part of our continual pursuit of quality candidates we appreciate and reward candidate recommendations from you if we successfully secure them a position.
We will reward you with £200 if you recommend a new candidate to us who is not already registered and we secure them a role for a minimum of 1 month.