Website Domus Recruitment
We are looking for a hardworking and work motivated individual to change the lives of the people our client support. This role requires a well dedicated and highly reliable Individual to provide strong management for supported living services that help adults with various difficulties such as learning disabilities, physical difficulties, and complex needs in all aspects of their daily lives in and around Peterborough.
You will ensure that outstanding services are delivered and are specific to the needs and requirements of each person being supported.
Key Responsibilities of a Service Manager:
· To function as care co-ordinator for named clients and to assist in ensuring individuals’ needs are addressed pro-actively through sound care planning including meeting clinical needs.
· Lead the care team to ensure that residents’ physical, emotional and social needs are identified and met through assessment and care planning.
· To assist the Registered Manager by leading the care team in achieving and where possible exceeding, care standards determined by CQC, Local Authority Contract Monitoring
· To encourage effective working relationships within the house and with the multi-disciplinary team approach to promote a high-quality service.
- Maintain close working relationships with professional partners to achieve successful clinical care outcomes, and achievement of management performance objectives.
· To promote a therapeutic environment in line with the principles of ordinary living.
- To assist in the management of a defined staff team including the supervision of staff, including the leading of shifts on a day-to-day basis.
- Lead, manage and develop the work of the staff team, under the supervision of the Registered Manager, by setting objectives and supervising staff. Carry out appraisals and ensure development needs are met through appropriate training and staff development programmes.
- Assess all aspects of Client care needs and provide health supervision and direct care when required.
- Ensure that records relating to residents are understood, acted upon by all staff and that they are reviewed on a regular basis.
- Utilise Monitoring Tools to any Care and Safeguarding of Adults concerns to ensure issues are identified and effectively addressed.
- Work with the Registered Manager to review and effectively manage the delivery of care standard and achieve any regulatory improvement or action plan requirements within the specific time scales.
- Provide and complete the weekly reports to head office advising of remedial action in relation to the quality audits and maintenance of the project.
- Ensure that all Policies and Procedures are followed.
- Take responsibility for the running of the project and ensuring that the Registered Manager is kept up to date with the project.
- Comply with budgeting of finances in relation to money within the home and the budget of the project.
- Assist the Registered Manager with the management of the Homes staffing, financial and material resources, including active involvement in staff recruitment and selection.
- Ensure that Equal Opportunity policies are followed and promoted within the home with regard to both staff and residents.
- Be available for on-call duties, as required.
- A commitment to be flexible and to embrace change is expected.
- To participate in meetings, training and workshops as required.
Service manager Requirements:
- Either a level 3 or level 5
- You do not have to be registered
- Have experience with adults with learning difficulties
- They will consider both residential and supported living backgrounds – it is a supported living service.
If you are interested in the vacancy above, please apply or for more information contact Kyle at Domus Recruitment.
As part of our continual pursuit of quality candidates we appreciate and reward candidate recommendations from you if we successfully secure them a position. We will reward you with £200 if you recommend a new candidate to us who is not already registered and we secure them a role for a minimum of 1 month.