Website Domus Recruitment
Domus are looking for an experienced manager within the Adults – Learning Disabilities sector to take the reins of a brand-new Supported Living service in Redhill.
The aim of the Supported Living service is to ensure the adults with Learning Disabilities are able to achieve their goals and aspirations and to encourage them to become independent by learning new skills and enjoying activities.
You will work proactively to build effective working relationships with Local Authority practitioners, families/carers and other stakeholders and your strong vision and coaching approach will enable the development of your team and service.
Our ideal candidate will be an experienced Service Manager, with excellent leadership, management and organisational skills, but we can also consider highly experienced Deputy Manager’s looking for that next stage of progression.
Key Responsibilities of a Service Manager:
- To work with the people supported and their families, supporting them in the decisions they make about how they live their lives and ensuring that personal needs are met.
- Manage all aspects of running the home including but not limited to: supervision of staff, rotas, care planning, quality assurance, training, budget management, finances, and management of medication.
- Monitor activities and ensure quality of support and care is in line with the group’s policy and sector regulatory standards.
- Create a culture of team development and team working that aspires the delivery of best practice for individuals using our services.
- Demonstrate the ability to represent the organisation in an appropriate and professional manner in all internal and external contact and relationships.
Key requirements a Service Manager must have:
- NVQ Level 5 or working towards one (or equivalent).
- Prior experience and an understanding of Learning Disabilities and other complex needs.
- Effective communication, leadership and coaching skills are important as you will be responsible for managing a Deputy Manager and team of Support Workers, as well as communicating with internal and external stakeholders.
- You will also be committed to person centered planning and positive risk taking with a real passion for improvement and continuous development.
- Good knowledge and understanding of CQC, Health and Safety and Local Authority requirements.
- Training opportunities – NVQ Level 3/5 qualifications
- Double Pay on some bank holidays
- Maternity and Paternity Enhanced Pay
- Access to a Blue Light Discount Card (for retail, holidays, gym memberships etc)
- Eye Care Voucher Scheme
If you are interested in the above Service Manager vacancy, please call Michael at Domus Recruitment.
Don’t keep a good thing to yourself – Recommend a friend!!
If you are not looking, then perhaps you know someone who is and we will reward you with our recommend a friend scheme – £200 pounds worth of high street shopping vouchers if we place them into work and we do not already have them on our database.