Website Domus Recruitment
Main duties of the job
You will be responsible for general, specialist clinics, cataract clinics, eye casualty and theatre sessions (independent).
1.To provide a high quality ophthalmology outpatient consultation service, reviewing both new and follow up patients in clinic, referring to the consultant for advice when required.
2.Supporting the Consultant Ophthalmologist in theatre, either acting as first assistant for the consultant or acting as primary operator under the direct supervision of the consultant
3.To participate on the first-on-call ophthalmology rota alongside the two Consultants and Specialty Doctor –the rota will be 1 in 4.
4.To co-operate, assist with and participate in audit within the unit, under the direction of the Ophthalmology Consultant in charge of audit or his / her deputy.
5.To participate in both formal and informal teaching and training of undergraduate medical students and other health care professionals.
6.To liaise with acute clinical specialities at Noble’s Hospital and with other services within the Hospital.
7.To develop and maintain effective working relationships, working in a collaborative manner, with other members of the multi-disciplinary team.
8.To comply with the current Job Plan and appraisal arrangements and to undertake Job Plan review annually. Person Specification
- MBBS or equivalent
- Eligible for full registration with the GMC at time of appointment.
- Evidence of achievement of Foundation competencies by time of appointment in line with GMC standards in Good Medical Practice.
- Evidence of achievement of ST1/CT1 orST2/CT2 competences in a relevant specialty at time of application and likelihood of achieving ST2/CT2 orST3/CT3 competences in a relevant specialty by the start date of the post.
- Eligibility to work in the UK
- at least 4 Years full time Post Graduate Training, two of which must have been in relevant acute specialties or you will demonstrate and evidence equivalent experience and competencies.
If you are interested in the above position please apply, or for more information contact Anand Raval at Domus Recruitment.
As part of our continual pursuit of quality candidates we appreciate and reward candidate recommendations from you if we successfully secure them a position. We will reward you with £500 if you recommend a new candidate to us who is not already registered, and we secure them a role for a minimum of 1 month.