Website Domus Recruitment
Domus have an incredibly exciting opportunity as an Area Manager to join one of the leading providers of specialist care in the UK.
In this role you will lead the turnaround and on-going performance of a cluster of homes in Cornwall/ Devon providing support, guidance and direction to a team of Service Managers in achieving quality, customer and financial objective
- Ensure the delivery of all commissioned hours for each home in the areas of responsibility, taking responsibility for monitoring under and over delivery, ensure the impact of any under delivery is managed effectively, documented on the care hours spreadsheet and where required escalated.
- Ensure that an emphasis on the consistency of quality-of-service delivery for residents, customers, relatives and staff is always obvious and is demonstrated by the leadership teams within the homes/services.
- Ensure the highest standards of care, customer service, hospitality and support are always delivered and evidenced through the completion of a documented monthly service visit and 3 monthly compliance audits.
- Undertake required level of monitoring of performance against all key performance criteria, with emphasis on compliance with all legal and regulatory standards, ensuring that monitoring is recorded on Nourish and other systems as required.
- Ensure that the service action plans are embedded and driven to accomplishment. Support managers and liaise with the Support teams, facilitate and co-ordinate Quality Improvement.
- As Area Operations Manager you will own the service improvement plans with you Service Managers and lead the update and dissemination of action plans ahead of weekly SIP calls.
- Deliver service improvement via the effective management of complaints, compliments and feedback, ensuring that lessons are learnt and shared with all manager in monthly regional team meetings.
- Actively work with managers to eradicate agency usage and ensure that our own staff are supporting the people we support through effective workforce planning, liaising with the recruitment team to ensure all post are advertised. The Area Operations Manager have knowledge of vacant hours and on-boarding status for each home in the area.
Key Skills and Requirements:
- Operate all services to achieve GOOD ratings with the Care Quality Commission as well as contract compliance with Cornwall Council and any other funding authority utilising internal audits.
- Achieve month on month improvements in compliance leading, owning, and directing the turnaround of a portfolio of homes.
- Direct leadership, people management and career development of the Managers within area.
- Create and maintain a culture of improvement, sharing best practice and working collaborative with colleagues across the area, region and enabling functions from Shared Services.
Don’t keep a good thing to yourself – Recommend a friend!!
If you are not looking, then perhaps you know someone who is and we will reward you with our recommend a friend scheme – £200 pounds worth of high street shopping vouchers if we place them into work and we do not already have them on our database.
If you are interested in the above Managing Director vacancy, please apply or for more information contact Ella at Domus Recruitment.