Website Domus Recruitment
Domus Recruitment are working on behalf of our client in Tower Hamlets, who are looking for a Bookings and Emergency Allocations Officer on a 6 month contract. This opportunity is good for anyone that has experience within Housing Options (homelessness) service area.
Key Responsibilities of a Bookings and Emergency Allocations Officer:
- To ensure customers receive, either directly or through referral to relevant teams/agencies, appropriate advice on their options, providing information in advance of transfer to self-contained accommodation so that properties are suitable first-time round
- To conduct inspections of designated hotels as directed, to confirm landlord compliance with service standards, referring to enforcement agencies as appropriate
- To assess the accommodation needs of homeless applicants and undertake all procedures for booking customers into emergency, self-contained temporary and permanent accommodation, ensuring compliance with statutory requirements, guidance governing the suitability of accommodation and Council policies, procedures, and targets
- To manage a caseload of applicants accommodated under homelessness duties and powers in bed & breakfast accommodation and liaising with the lead officer dealing with the homelessness assessment to ensure all enquiries are completed in a timely manner, bringing concerns to the attention of the Team.
Bookings and Emergency Allocations Officer Requirements:
- An understanding of the duties owed to customers threatened with homelessness/actual homelessness under relevant legislation
- An awareness of the services available to customers seeking help and accommodation provided by other organisations, both statutory and voluntary, including those beyond housing such as health & well-being, employment & education
- Good knowledge of the Housing Benefits system and general knowledge of
wider welfare benefits available to tenants and customers
- Knowledge of the principles and processes of managing rent accounts
If you are interested in the above position please apply, or for more information contact Ben Hole at Domus Recruitment.
As part of our continual pursuit of quality candidates we appreciate and reward candidate recommendations from you if we successfully secure them a position. We will reward you with £200 if you recommend a new candidate to us who is not already registered and we secure them a role for a minimum of 1 month.