A specialist care provider is seeking a Deputy Manager to manage a brand-new purpose-built service in Scunthorpe. It is a residential service which provides support for people with learning disabilities, Autism and complex needs.
This role is with a well known provider of care and support for people with learning disabilities, autism, mental health needs and challenging behaviour in Yorkshire and Lincolnshire.
The accommodation for this service is self-contained, creating the sense of calm which is essential to help people with complex needs to reach their full potential. By focusing on the needs of the individual, the service will ensure that people moving from hospital to their own space do so in a relaxed, safe, yet stimulating environment.
Responsibilities of Deputy Manager:
- As part of the senior management team, this leading role requires a proactive individual to contribute to the effective day to day operational management of the establishment and its resources. This will include the line management of a team of care and vocational professionals and the responsibility for delegated budgets, quality assurance and legislative compliance.
- You will be responsible as part of a multi-disciplinary team for implementing, monitoring and evaluating the effectiveness of individual care and support plans and for effective risk management within a positive behaviour support framework.
- As Deputy Manager you will also be expected to contribute to developing the service by participation in the planning, implementation, monitoring, evaluation and review of its policies and working procedures.
Salary is £30,000-35,500
40 hours per week – office hours
- Sound knowledge of working with people with Learning Disabilities, Autism and complex needs and experience of working in a similar setting
- Minimum NVQ Level 3 in Health and Social Care
- Good communication skills (both written and oral), including listening skills and the ability to communicate effectively with people
- Up to date knowledge of CQC regulations, health & social care legislation and regulatory requirements.
- Enthusiasm, passion and determination to achieve Outstanding and deliver the highest-quality person-centred care is essential.
- Continuous support and feedback through 1:1 supervision
- 6 weeks holiday
- Ongoing free mandatory and development training days
- Regular promotion opportunities
- Pension scheme
- Access to hundreds of discounts and benefits through their reward and recognition platform, as well as the chance to win up to £100 vouchers every month from their STAR Awards
- Access to their employee assistance programme which includes counselling and physiotherapy
If you are interested in the above position please apply, or for more information contact Jade by calling Domus Recruitment.
As part of our continual pursuit of quality candidates we appreciate and reward candidate recommendations from you if we successfully secure them a position. We will reward you with £200 if you recommend a new candidate to us who is not already registered and we secure them a role for a minimum of 1 month.