Website Domus Recruitment
An exciting opportunity for a deputy manager to join a national charity in St Teath, Cornall has arisen. This is a 10-beded residential service rated good with ‘CQC’. The deputy manager will be accountable to the registered manager and will assist the Registered Manager in key areas of the day-to-day running of the residential care home, deputising as directed in their absence and will be responsible for the direct supervision and line management of support staff as required by the service.
Alongside the Registered Manager the Deputy Manager is responsible and accountable for monitoring, maintaining and providing the highest standards of clinical and personal support and care support delivery, while promoting independence and choice to the people supported in the home.
Key Responsibilities of a Deputy Manager:
- Provide support or deputise for the registered manager by holding for the operational day to day oversight for the designated home when required to ensure that high standards of care and support are maintained at all times. Overall accountability remains with the Registered manager or Regional Director.
- Deliver and demonstrate best outcomes to all people supported by the service and ensure that the people we support are involved in shaping these using the principles of co- production
- On behalf of the Registered Manager lead on ensuring a flexible and person-cantered Rota is in place at all times that is designed and developed to meet the needs and wishes of the people we support and ensure that the support team have adequate notice of their roster pattern
- Under the direction of the manager, co-ordinate all matters relating to medication, ensuring all procedures are rigorously followed and all support staff are appropriately trained
- Conduct supervisions and performance appraisals with your team as designated by the Registered Manager, in line with organisational policy, complete individual learning and development plans which address training needs and support continued professional development in conjunction with the Learning and Development team
- Support the Registered Manager to create a reflective culture of open communication and feedback within your team, facilitating constructive team meetings within the home, ensuring the team adhere to team decisions and are focused on outcomes for the people we support and that there is a record of such meetings
- Support the Registered manager to increase and sustain the level of employee engagement and encourage your team to take accountability and make decisions on routine matters
- Support the registered Manager to ensure that the necessary risk assessments for the people we support and your team are in place at all times, and implemented to a high standard
Deputy Manager Requirements:
- Ability to lead and manage people to achieve a positive culture and outcomes and be a role model in all aspects of people leadership especially performance
- Level 3 Diploma in Adult Care or above (or acceptable equivalent)
- Level 5 Diploma in in Leadership and Management for Adult Care (or acceptable equivalent) OR the ability to achieve this within 18 months of appointment.
- Ability to communicate effectively with a supported person and their family/carer and other professionals
- Manage time and resources effectively and efficiently
- Ability to undertake assessment, support planning, recording and report writing.
- Ability to respond professionally, quickly, and flexibly in a crisis.
- Ability to lead and manage change
- Ability to make sound decisions
- Ability to work with and collaborate with colleagues and effectively manage any conflict within the workplace
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
- Ability to complete tasks following defined process
- Ability to think differently and outside the box
- Manage time and resources effectively and efficiently.
- Possession of a valid driving license, and preferably own transport and preparedness to insure and use this for work purposes.
If you are interested in the above position please apply, or for more information contact Ella at Domus Recruitment.
As part of our continual pursuit of quality candidates we appreciate and reward candidate recommendations from you if we successfully secure them a position. We will reward you with £200 if you recommend a new candidate to us who is not already registered and we secure them a role for a minimum of 1 month.