Website Domus Recruitment
We are currently looking for an experienced Deputy Manager to join a Health and Social Care organisation in Cheltenham.
The Deputy Manager will report to the Registered Manager and will be responsible for the overall day-to-day running of the organisation. This will include overseeing the management of the staff, ensuring the quality of service, and managing the budget. The Deputy Manager will also be responsible for liaising with external partners and stakeholders, such as local authorities and other organisations.
The successful candidate will have excellent organisational and managerial skills and the ability to manage a team. They will have extensive knowledge of the Health and Social Care industry and be able to work to tight deadlines.
Key Responsibilities of a Deputy Manager:
- To manage a team of carers and nurses and work closely with the Home Manager
- Proven experience in assisting in managing fully compliant Residential Homes
- Experience in managing/ leading staff teams
- Commercial awareness
- Excellent communication skills
- Deciding and initiating action
- To deputise for the function of the Registered Manager during their absence, while at all times supporting the decisions made by the Registered Manager
- To maintain skills at a current level and undertake such training and development as may from time-to-time be required to maintain that currency of practice
Deputy Manager Requirements:
- Experience in a Health and Social Care setting
- Ability to manage a team
- An active nursing pin (RGN qualified)
- Excellent organisational and managerial skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Knowledge of relevant legislation
- Competitive salary
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays
- 10 + homes in total, not for profit organisation
- If you do not drive, they offer a staff bus service that goes through Cheltenham.
- Will help with training if want to do a NVQ level they will fund after probation.
- They offer a professional development plan also which is good for progression.
If you are interested in the above position please apply, or for more information contact Charlotte Lord at Domus Recruitment.
As part of our continual pursuit of quality candidates we appreciate and reward candidate recommendations from you if we successfully secure them a position. We will reward you with £200 if you recommend a new candidate to us who is not already registered and we secure them a role for a minimum of 1 month.