Website Domus Recruitment
A great opportunity has arisen with a developing organisation who are looking for a Deputy Manager for their supported living service that supports up to 10 people with Learning Disabilities, Autism and/or Asperger’s Syndrome. This organisation has a holistic, consistent approach and encourages individuals to live fulfilled lives by providing them with every opportunity to fulfil their wishes, dreams and aspirations and also to be part of their local community.
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone looking for a great company with an excellent support structure and progress within their career. My client would consider an experienced Team Manager who are looking to take a step up. If this sounds like an organisation you would like to join and truly make a difference then please get in contact!
Key Responsibilities of a Deputy manager.
- To lead in the implementation and management of the staff rota to ensure staff receive their contract hours and shifts are covered.
- To work closely with the Quality Assurance and Service Development Manager in ensuring compliance in accordance with CQC regulations.
- Audit and check care plans, personnel files, medication and person-centred systems.
- Provide leadership to the team and act as a positive role model to Service Manager, Team Leader, Senior Support Workers and Support Workers.
- Ensure staff are motivated, working together and everyone’s common goal is the well-being of the service users.
- Contribute the development and quality of the service in line with CQC and local authority guidelines.
- Work within equal opportunity guidelines always.
- Encourage people to make choices and decisions enabling each person to take control of their own lives and increasing independence.
- Encourage the involvement of people being supported in the development of and day to day operation of the service.
- Actively promote effective communication, including accessible information to facilitate involvement and decision making.
- To hold an NVQ level 5 and be either working towards or willing to work towards being a CQC Registered Manager
- To have experience as a Team Leader or manager in a Residential Care Service or Supported Living.
- To have previous professional work experience in Learning Disabilities, Autism and Challenging Behaviour.
- Have great interpersonal skills and the ability to work under pressure.
- Competitive Salary
- Annual leave – 32 day per year (including bank holidays)
- DBS Check
- Wellbeing Support, Advice and Guidance – via the Employee Assistance Program though an online portal or over the telephone
- Qualifications – can support you to obtain a range of QCF’s during your employment
- Staff Referral Scheme – earn for referring a friend into a support worker position or a nurse position
If you are interested in the above position please apply, or for more information contact Ella Bryett at Domus Recruitment.
As part of our continual pursuit of quality candidates we appreciate and reward candidate recommendations from you if we successfully secure them a position. We will reward you with £200 if you recommend a new candidate to us who is not already registered and we secure them a role for a minimum of 1 month.