Website Domus Recruitment
A specialist care provider is seeking a Head of Care/Registered Manager to manage a children’s home in Darlington as a contemporary school for children and young people with Autism and complex learning needs. This includes providing leadership for the school which secures its success and continuous improvement, ensuring high quality education for all its students and the highest standards of learning and achievement in accordance with statutory and Ofsted requirements
This role is with an educational charity that operates in England, Scotland and Wales, who provide Specialist Independent Education to children and adults with complex needs including learning difficulties, autistic spectrum conditions and disabilities.
Responsibilities of Head of Care/Registered Manager:
- The post holder will be responsible and accountable for the leadership and management of the children’s residential provision, developing an outstanding home for children and young people in accordance with The Children’s Homes (England) Regulations 2015 and Quality Standards for Children’s Homes.
- The Registered Home Manager will ensure that high levels of emotional, behavioural, therapeutic, physical (including sensory) and spiritual care, appropriate activities and homely and nurturing accommodation are planned, provided and delivered by all members of the home’s team in order to achieve the best outcome for children and young people.
- You will engage and inspire the whole team, promoting team development and effective team working through induction, practice related supervision, appraisal, development planning, objective setting, coaching and mentoring.
- Lead and direct the care and skill development programmes for the pupils, providing guidance and working creatively with the pupils where necessary.
- Ensure the education and residential provision offered by the School works in an effective and coherent way to produce outstanding outcomes for the young people.
- Work with the Head Teacher to ensure that each young person has a plan which reflects his/her care, education, social, emotional, cultural, therapeutic and health needs and that this plan is regularly reviewed
Salary is £33,500 to £40,000
- NVQ 4/5 in Leadership and Management for Care Services, or equivalent
- Management of care staff and the care of children/young people in an educational or residential care setting
- Working with children/young people with learning difficulties and/or learning disabilities and special education needs
- Care standards within an educational and/or care setting and the policies and procedures that are required to manage within such an environment
- Issues faced by children/young people with learning difficulties and/or learning disabilities and special educational needs
- Appropriate behaviour management strategies
- Experience of dealing with Safeguarding issues
- Ability to work autonomously using own initiative
- Lead and manage staff and build effective teams which recognize and value individual skills
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with pupils, colleagues, and others
- Excellent communicator at all levels: including with children, young people and colleagues
- Excellent organisational skills, including an ability to plan and prioritize own and others’ workload
- Maintain accurate, complete and timely records
- Resolve conflict between people
- We offer competitive salaries with progression in pay once qualified and significant personal development opportunities
If you are interested in the above position please apply, or for more information contact Jade by calling Domus Recruitment.
As part of our continual pursuit of quality candidates we appreciate and reward candidate recommendations from you if we successfully secure them a position. We will reward you with £200 if you recommend a new candidate to us who is not already registered and we secure them a role for a minimum of 1 month.