Website Domus Recruitment
A Head of Psychology role has become available with an excellent provider, who have five specialist children’s homes based across Greater Manchester. They are dedicated to providing care of the highest quality to the children they support and are now looking for a Head of Psychology to join their dynamic and forward thinking team!
Key Responsibilities of a Head of Psychology:
- Engage in direct work and ongoing sessions with young people through various methods, such as therapy session inside the home and eco-therapy sessions outside the home.
- Conduct professional supervisions, including weekly clinical supervision and bi-monthly line management supervision.
- Arrange and develop courses as needed for the benefit of the staff team, following guidance from care home senior management.
- Document and evidence your work using our internal therapy documentation system (Formation and Assessment documents and session notes).
- Offer optional Therapeutic Coaching sessions to all staff, including management, to foster their professional development
- Review progress on young people, training needs, and dates during consultations with home managers.
- Review referrals for potential new young people and assess their impact with home managers.
- Provide ad-hoc consultation on young people with managers or staff as needed through key working sessions.
Head of Psychology Requirements:
- Hold a qualification as a psychologist, ideally with a specialist focus (e.g., Educational Psychologist).
- Be registered with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) and the British Psychological Society (BPS).
- Possess experience working with children, preferably in a care or educational setting.
- Hold a full clean driving license.
- A starting salary of £55,000 per year, with room for negotiation based on your experience.
- A generous £1,500 per year professional development budget for training and personal growth opportunities.
- Comprehensive private medical insurance through AXA Health, ensuring you have access to the best healthcare services.
- Access to discounts via the Bluelight Card scheme, providing savings on a variety of products and services.
If you are interested in the above position please apply, or for more information contact Isabella Howley at Domus Recruitment.
As part of our continual pursuit of quality candidates we appreciate and reward candidate recommendations from you if we successfully secure them a position. We will reward you with £250 if you recommend a new candidate to us who is not already registered and we secure them a role for a minimum of 1 month.