Website Domus Recruitment
Domus Recruitment are working with our client based in Haringey who are looking for a Homelessness Project Worker at one of their Supported Housing services in the area. As a Project Worker, you will be responsible for providing practical support to individuals accommodated in various specialist accommodation services delivered by Haringey.
This opportunity is a contract until September 2023, with possible extension so candidates must be immediately available with a valid DBS.
Key Responsibilities of a Homelessness Project Worker:
- To manage telephone, email and face-to-face communication with people living in the accommodation services and relevant professionals.
- Provide non-judgemental and empathetic communication that recognises and reduces the distress & anxiety that people facing homelessness are likely to experience.
- Provide high-quality support, information and signposting to clients that focuses on their strengths and goals, and is delivered in a way that suits them & within a framework of active engagement, positive risk taking and person-centred planning.
- To carry out comprehensive client assessments, identifying priorities and ongoing need, risk and assets including establishing move on options.
Homelessness Project Worker Requirements:
- Ability to work shifts including evenings and weekends – 7 days a week.
- Personal experience or understanding of the issues affecting vulnerable homeless people or those at risk of homelessness.
- Understanding and commitment to working responsively to support individuals plan and realise their aspirations and strengths.
- Understanding of and commitment to following relevant safeguarding, Health & Safety and Domestic Violence policies.
- Willingness to work flexibly in response to changing service requirements.
If you are interested in the above position please apply, or for more information contact Ben Hole at Domus Recruitment.
As part of our continual pursuit of quality candidates we appreciate and reward candidate recommendations from you if we successfully secure them a position. We will reward you with £200 if you recommend a new candidate to us who is not already registered and we secure them a role for a minimum of 1 month.