Website Domus Recruitment
Domus Recruitment are recruiting on behalf of our client in Tower Hamlets who are looking for a Housing Officer. You will assume responsibility for a portfolio of temporary accommodation and its occupants – this role will be a hybrid role too.
Key Responsibilities of a Housing Officer
- To be the first point of contact for own client portfolio in providing a full housing management service to homeless households living temporary accommodation, ensuring regular contact and information from first booking, accompanied viewings and sign-ups, to assistance and support with move on from accommodation.
- To act as a contact point for landlords in the management and provision of temporary accommodation, ensuring that new properties are added to the property database and relevant sections advised of any new acquisitions.
- To be responsible for the efficient allocation and letting of temporary accommodation, and ensuring void periods are minimised.
- To be responsible for vetting all properties ensuring that there are no outstanding Environmental Health or tenancy related issues.
Housing Officer Requirements:
- An understanding of the duties owed to customers threatened with homelessness/actual homelessness under relevant legislation
- Knowledge of relevant Landlord and Tenant Legislation, Family and Immigration law, welfare and housing benefits; knowledge of the Children Act and Community Care Act, and associated case law as they relate to the Council’s duties to homeless households
- Knowledge of the principles and processes of managing rent accounts
- Good knowledge of the Housing Benefits system and general knowledge of wider welfare benefits available to tenants and customers
- Demonstrable experience of working with customers giving advice within a housing or similar service.
If you are interested in the above position please apply, or for more information contact Ben Hole at Domus Recruitment.
As part of our continual pursuit of quality candidates we appreciate and reward candidate recommendations from you if we successfully secure them a position. We will reward you with £200 if you recommend a new candidate to us who is not already registered and we secure them a role for a minimum of 1 month.