Website Domus Recruitment
Domus Recruitment are currently working with our client based in Lambeth who are looking for a Housing Officer, who will be delivering an integrated generic housing service to tenants and leasehold customers. You will be working closely with other teams, councillors and Tenants & Residents Associations to achieve sustainable tenancies in sustainable communities.
Key Responsibilities of a Housing Officer:
- Deliver key housing management services to a high standard, ensuring that activities are delivered on time
- Provide assistance, advice and information to residents on the full range of tenancy and estate management services and work with other service areas (e.g repairs) to ensure all contractual responsibilities are met
- Update management information systems and databases with, for example, data relating to customer profiling, tenancy audits, estate inspections, anti-social behaviour and moving home applications
- Respond to complaints, members’ enquiries and problems of service delivery which are within the post holder’s responsibility and make suggestions for improving service delivery
- Ensure the efficient processing of allowances, rights to compensation, ex-gratia claims and discretionary awards in line with policy, audit and legal requirements
Housing Officer Requirements:
- Educated to NQF level 3 (e.g. A level/BTEC National Diploma, NVQ level 3) or has equivalent demonstrable experience
- An understanding of the issues of housing, estate management, health and safety and how these impact on the well-being of residents and the responsibilities of landlords
- Knowledge of current legislation relevant to housing, tenancy and leasehold management and safety and estate management
- Keeping abreast of updates in relevant housing, tenancy and leasehold management legislation.
If you are interested in the above position please apply, or for more information contact Ben Hole at Domus Recruitment.
As part of our continual pursuit of quality candidates we appreciate and reward candidate recommendations from you if we successfully secure them a position. We will reward you with £200 if you recommend a new candidate to us who is not already registered and we secure them a role for a minimum of 1 month.