Website Domus Recruitment
Domus Recruitment are looking for 6 x Income Management Officers for Haringey Council, which will be on a contract that runs until the end of March. You will undertake timely and robust recovery action to prevent arrears and maximise income; and to work collaboratively with colleagues in the team ensuring prompt escalation, legal or other recovery action is identified and actioned as necessary, regardless of tenure.
Key Responsibilities of an Income Management Officer:
- To take prompt recovery action from the onset of the tenancy and as part of early preventative action to ensure a responsible payment culture is embedded in all areas of the income collection process so as to prevent the build-up of arrears.
- Carry out a full assessment of a tenant’s circumstances, income and expenditure to ensure their arrears are cleared, payment agreements adhered to and appropriate referrals made.
- To show strong initiative in dealing with both current and Former Tenants’ arrears cases using best practice in the credit control and financial management sectors, maintaining regular, contact with tenants to ensure commitments / arrangements made are adhered to, escalating where necessary.
- To support or undertake one-off projects and carry out training of new staff.
- To represent the service positively and professional at all levels, and delivering excellent, person-centred customer services using feedback to effect improvements.
Income Management Officer Requirements:
- Customer service experience
- Experience of providing advice on housing, welfare benefits and/or rent arrears.
- Debt collection/credit control environment and fully conversant with court protocols and the relevant legislation.
- Extensive experience of working in a customer- focused (including financial and accounting) environment, using computerised, data-based systems.
- Able to communicate positively and effectively with residents, other teams within the organisation and external agencies.
- Standard DBS check.
- Knowledge and practical applications of credit control principles, and strategies to avoid loss of income.
If you are interested in the above position please apply, or for more information contact Ben Hole at Domus Recruitment.
As part of our continual pursuit of quality candidates we appreciate and reward candidate recommendations from you if we successfully secure them a position. We will reward you with £200 if you recommend a new candidate to us who is not already registered and we secure them a role for a minimum of 1 month.