Website Domus Recruitment
Domus have a fantastic opportunity for an Operations Manager to join a leading charity that works across the UK, delivering and developing support for adults with Learning Disabilities. This role will involve providing inspirational leadership to the Registered Managers based across Cumbria, ensuring the effective management of their multi-site Residential Care services and Supported Living services.
You will be a dynamic, professionally qualified manager, with a demonstrable understanding of the Health and Social Care sector, with a recent track record of success in managing community-based services for adults with Learning Disabilities. As a senior member of the Operations team, you will also be involved in the development of projects and collaborative working with service commissioners.
Key Responsibilities of an Operations Manager:
- Leading the region’s Locality Management Team to plan, develop and implement a strategy forming the contribution to delivering the organization strategy and meeting agreed organisational plans within agreed budgets and timescales.
- Leading the region’s Locality Management Team, promote empowerment of the people supported, liaising and informing appropriate members of other departments to ensure they are fully informed of key issues and achievements.
- Manage the group’s relationships with key external agencies such as health, social care and housing related support commissioners, regulators and landlords.
- Identify service development and new service opportunities within the region.
- Identify potential new funding streams
- Develop proposals for new business in the region, in line with organisational strategies.
- Supervise contract negotiations, in conjunction with the Head of O&D and Director of O&D
- Ensure services are staffed to agreed levels with appropriately skilled and motivated staff, ensuring safe recruitment procedures are maintained.
Key requirements an Operations Manager must have:
- Experience supporting Adults with Learning Disabilities and Autism within Residential or Supported Living settings.
- 2 + years multi-site management or operational manager level experience within the Health and Social Care sector.
- Be able to travel independently on an occasional basis within the UK.
- Participate in on call arrangements and record all calls and responses.
- Take responsibility for their job description; taking an active part in the setting of personal development objectives; in determining their development needs and agreeing programmes to meet those needs.
- 28 days’ annual leave, rising to up to 38 days depending on length of service
- Double pay if you work on bank holidays
- Pension scheme contributions
- Life assurance equal to three times your salary
- Bereavement helpline
- Eye care vouchers (dependent on position)
- Training and continuing professional development opportunities
- Long service awards
- Outstanding work bonus payments
- Additional hourly pay allowances for hands-on care in a person’s home
- Recommend a friend bonus.
If you are interested in the above Operations Manager vacancy, please call Ben Hole at Domus Recruitment.
Don’t keep a good thing to yourself – Recommend a friend!!
If you are not looking, then perhaps you know someone who is and we will reward you with our recommend a friend scheme – £200 pounds worth of high street shopping vouchers if we place them into work and we do not already have them on our database.