Website Domus Recruitment
Domus have a really exciting opportunity for a PBS Lead to join an innovative team who provides Supported Living services for vulnerable adults with Learning Disabilities, Complex Needs and Challenging Behaviour.
Based out of an office in South Croydon but with travel across Croydon, Putney, Brixton and Purley (travel expenses paid), you will become a member of the provider’s senior management team and have primary accountability for the day to day running of our behavioural team.
The role will continue the successful work the group have achieved in developing cost-effective Supported Living provision for people with the highest needs, including people leaving NHS assessment and treatment units.
The PBS Lead will ensure services are delivered in a way that puts people supported at the center of their support, promoting rights, choice, dignity, diversity, and value for money.
The successful applicant will have a BSC/MSC intellectual and developmental disabilities and/or PCert, PiD, MSC Applied behaviour Analysis.
Key responsibilities of a PBS Lead:
- Meet all organisational and statutory requirements, including delivery of compliance with Care Quality Commission (CQC).
- Analyse behaviours of concern and develop positive behaviour support plans on the principles of positive behaviour support/applied behaviour analysis.
- Monitor the effectiveness of the positive behaviour support plans and adjust as required.
- Explain and demonstrate the implementation of the positive behaviour support plans with the staff team/family members.
- Monitor the success of the positive behaviour support plans and record keeping related to behavioural incidents.
- Identify and actively engage with issues and practices which require improvement or development of teams and individuals.
- Supervise the senior behaviour practitioner and behavioural assistants in line with organsiational policy and procedures.
- Identify group and individual learning and development needs; to organise and deliver training, workshops and learning opportunities for our support teams.
- Organise and run de-brief sessions for both individuals and whole staff teams following difficult incidents with the people we support.
- Complete initial assessments on potential new clients and lead and oversee the transition to our services.
- Attend meetings with MDT, stakeholders, and family members.
Key requirements a PBS Lead must have:
- BSC/MSC intellectual and developmental disabilities and/or PCert, PiD, MSC Applied behaviour Analysis.
- Have a strong understanding of the values and ethos of positive behaviour support, person centred approaches and thinking, Active Support and Total Communication
- Able to work effectively as part of a team and off own initiative
- Engage professionally and respectively with others whilst advocating for excellent positive behaviour support to individuals
- Contribute to best practice forums and networks and focus on continuous professional development to enhance the positive behaviour support offered to individuals
- Excellent verbal, written and IT skills to ensure accurate and professional records and reports are developed as appropriate
- Willingness and ability to travel throughout the organisation.
- A full driver’s license and access to a vehicle is essential to the role.
If you are interested in the above PBS Lead vacancy, please call Michael at Domus Recruitment.
Don’t keep a good thing to yourself – Recommend a friend!!
If you are not looking, then perhaps you know someone who is and we will reward you with our recommend a friend scheme – £200 pounds worth of high street shopping vouchers if we place them into work and we do not already have them on our database.