Website Domus Recruitment
Domus are looking for a Planning Officer, for our client in Havering. This is a contract that runs until the middle of May 2023. This role is mainly working from home, but there could be the occasional need to attend the office and also to attend the site.
Candidates must have a minimum of 18 months experience within a similar role in a Planning Applications team.
Key Responsibilities of a Planning Officer:
- Planning Applications: provide effective and responsive development control services on a mixed caseload of development proposals, planning applications and appeals, including large, complex and specialised developments types and issues.
- From a development management perspective, a good understanding of current issues and developments affecting planning, regeneration and local government in London.
- From a development management perspective, a good understanding of main central government and development plan policy issues.
- From a development management perspective, a good understanding of planning and related legislation.
- From a development management perspective, a good understanding of the operation of local government.
Planning Officer Requirements:
- 2 years’ Development Management experience.
- Appeal experience: written representations and informal hearings.
- RTPI accredited postgraduate degree or extensive relevant planning experience.
- Evidence of relevant Continuing Professional Development (CPD).
- Planning and urban design skills: general level of proficiency.
- Customer care competence.
- Proficient at working in teams.
- Competent level of general and developing level of specialist IT skills.
If you are interested in the above position please apply, or for more information contact Ben Hole at Domus Recruitment.
As part of our continual pursuit of quality candidates we appreciate and reward candidate recommendations from you if we successfully secure them a position. We will reward you with £200 if you recommend a new candidate to us who is not already registered and we secure them a role for a minimum of 1 month.