Website Domus Recruitment
Domus are seeking potential applicants for a brand-new role within a national charitable care provider! We are recruiting for a Positive Behavioural Support Practitioner for two services in Bristol who will deliver improved outcomes for people whose complex support needs challenge service provision.
You will be working across two locations, both supporting young adults with learning disabilities, Autism and behaviours that challenge, so experience working in similar locations as well as experience with Positive Behaviour Support and/or experience of leading on strategies to support complex behaviours is essential for this role.
Ideally you will have experience of PBS either from being part of a team engaging in similar work or from study.
- Undertake functional assessments to understand the reasons behind the behaviour and work alongside managers and staff to develop positive behaviour support plans.
- Support teams to develop appropriate PBS interventions focussing on the least restrictive options.
- Provide appropriate post incident support and amend support plans accordingly.
- Maintain current best practice through research and training in relation to positive behaviour.
- Deliver bespoke training, model good practice and coach staff to develop their skills and knowledge.
- Offer timely advice and guidance to managers and teams by working flexibly and across the county.
- Work alongside managers and other professionals and strengthen relationships with the Learning Disability Partnership Board and other behavioural network groups.
- Deliver and run workshops and focus groups for managers and staff.
- Collect, analyse and interpret data and share findings with managers and staff.
- Make clear records and write reports. Develop and deliver presentations for the Learning Disability Senior Management Team.
Experience, Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience as PBS Practitioner or Applied Behaviour Analysis.
- Experience of working within a multi-disciplinary team
- Supported individuals with LD and complex needs
- Able and willing to travel and work across multiple sites
Don’t keep a good thing to yourself – Recommend a friend!!
If you are not looking, then perhaps you know someone who is and we will reward you with our recommend a friend scheme – £200 if we place them into work and we do not already have them on our database.
If you are interested in the above PBS Practitioner vacancy, please contact Ella at Domus Recruitment