Website Domus Recruitment
Salary: Up to £60 per hour
Domus Recruitment are working with our client in Hillingdon, who are looking for a Principal Building Control Surveyor. You will work as a senior member of a multi-disciplinary team of specialist professionals in Building Control surveying, structural engineering, fire safety & building services.
You will be ensuring that all functions of the Building Control Service are effectively managed on the jobs/projects for which the Principal Building Control Surveyor has responsibility.
Please note, this is a contract until mid August, so an immediate start is required.
Key Responsibilities of a Principal Building Control Surveyor:
- To assist in setting the standard and tone of your team and working closely with the Building Control Manager (BCM) to achieve this end.
- To assist the BCM in implementing initiatives set by the Council, Group and Team Plans
- To assist the BCM with the management and allocation of work for your team and maintain quality of output.
- To assist in the active promotion of the service, including working under the LABC Partnership Scheme. If allocated a partner agent, develop a close working relationship with the agent to deliver a high standard of service.
- Work with BCM to nurture tentative enquiries relating to any service offered by LABC. Organise pre-application discussions, targeting major commercial and housing schemes
- Assisting the BCM with any of the functions of the Building Control service and assuming complete responsibility for tasks specifically allocated relating to particular aspects of legislation, procedures or organisation.
Principal Building Control Surveyor Requirements:
- Holding corporate membership of I.Struct E, RICS or B Eng or similar
- A degree or equivalent in building control / building construction / surveying; or in a related subject
- Ability to work outside of normal office hours, to be part of the dangerous structure’s rota
- Full UK driving licence (or equivalent) and use of own car.
- Ability to visit building sites and can; traverse uneven ground, descend trenches, climb scaffolds, enter confined spaces and carry loads up to 10kg, unaided
- Experience in chairing meetings for clients and or their design/construction team members to discuss technical, procedural or constructional evaluated issues, on highly complex schemes where your negotiation skills and understanding of legislative frameworks and knowledge of construction have been open to scrutiny
- A successful record of working in a multi -disciplinary team of (BC) professionals where performance targets apply
If you are interested in the above position please apply, or for more information contact Ben Hole at Domus Recruitment.
As part of our continual pursuit of quality candidates we appreciate and reward candidate recommendations from you if we successfully secure them a position. We will reward you with £200 if you recommend a new candidate to us who is not already registered and we secure them a role for a minimum of 1 month.