Website Domus Recruitment
Domus have a really exciting opportunity for a Learning Disabilities Trainer within the Health and Social Care sector to join a national provider of care and support for adults with Learning Disabilities, Autism and Mental Health needs.
As the Learning Disabilities Trainer, you offer a blended approach to learning and development, using e-learning, face to face training and observation and evaluation.
You will strengthen their current team to deliver quality training to the staff team to enable them to provide excellent standards of person-centred care.
You will be delivering face to face training across East Sussex and occasional travel to Berskhire utilising various methods of delivery including remote delivery via Microsoft Teams.
As a trainer you should have a thorough knowledge of the Care Act and other legislation applicable to delivering community care.
You will work in partnership with the Learning and Development department, Branch Manager and Operations Manager.
Key Responsibilities of a Learning Disabilities Trainer:
- Co-ordinating and delivering care worker training
- Plan and record all new staff inductions within their probationary period
- Prompt staff to keep mandatory training up to date in line with company compliance
- Undertaking continuous training and development to ensure knowledge is up to date
- Working with the policy team to develop standard training programmes in line with current best practice
Key requirements a Learning Disabilities Trainer must have:
- Have, or be willing to work towards a Level 5 in Health and Social Care.
- Experience in similar services for people with Learning Disabilities is essential (Supported living or residential).
- Experience in carrying out need’s assessments and transitions.
- Driver with access to a car, as you will be required to travel for work purposes and due to location of the services.
- Ability to plan and organise the training and delivery of the service.
- Employee discount app and funded Blue Light discount card
- Enhanced family leave
- Free 24/7 external counselling service
- Paid training, inductions, DBS checks and qualifications
- Pension scheme and life assurance
- Long service awards
- Refer a friend bonus
If you are interested in the above Learning Disabilities Trainer vacancy, please call Michael at Domus Recruitment.
Don’t keep a good thing to yourself – Recommend a friend!!
If you are not looking, then perhaps you know someone who is and we will reward you with our recommend a friend scheme – £200 pounds worth of high street shopping vouchers if we place them into work and we do not already have them on our database.