Website Domus Recruitment
An exceptional new opportunity has arisen with a national charity that specialise in Residential/Community and Supported Living care for adults with Mental health including depression, personality disorders, Schizophrenia, Anxiety, etc. This fantastic, specialist charity are looking for a competent and experienced Registered Manager to oversee the management of one of their residential services who provide high quality care and support.
This company pride themselves on delivering high standards of care in the local area using a person-centred approach and believe in supporting staff and training them to improve and develop. This is a very exciting time to join as the company goes through a very healthy and strong development.
This service, based in Islington, has been provided for over 20 years and you will be inheriting an established staff team and leading them take on board my clients ethos and working practices. You will provide an outcome focused service in a welcoming, safe, non-judgemental environment which is conducive to the personal growth and wellbeing of those supported by the service. My client’s holistic way of working considers all aspects of resident’s lives, rather than focusing solely on their diagnosis. Working collaboratively with agencies and services in the community and involving the resident in a recovery model approach. This involves the use of regularly reviewed support plans tailored to personal needs and wishes.
Registered Manager Key Responsibilities:
- Ensure the delivery of safe, personalised services to each individual service user through assessment, person-centered planning and regular outcome focused reviews of services.
- Ensure effective incident and accident management recording in line with legislation and contractual requirements, adhering to internal policies and procedures and regulatory notifications
- Support, supervise, motivate and develop a team of Support Workers ensuring appraisals, personal development plans to achieve the care certificate and learning activities are undertaken that meet the needs of staff in registered services and are evaluated for effectiveness
- Develop the use of volunteers ensuring they have the knowledge, information, and resources to be successful in their roles and make a positive and valued contribution to the service.
- Act as investigating officer for complaints, disciplinary matters, sickness management or grievances, as required.
- Contribute to the budget setting process for service and ensure effective control of income and expenditure of the service site through regular budget monitoring reviews and timely and accurate variance reporting.
Registered Manager Requirements:
- Achieved (or working towards) Level 5 Diploma in Leadership in Health & Social Care or the equivalent.
- At least 2 years relevant experience in an operational management capacity in a health and social care setting.
- Experience of managing a registered service.
- Knowledge and understanding of the current legal responsibilities and standards for CQC registered services, including the need for the management and delivery of person-centred services.
- Experience of providing effective supervision, leadership and management of teams
- Experience of directly working with people with a mental illness.
- Contributory pension scheme
- Life assurance and employee assistance programme
- 25 days annual leave rising to 30 days plus bank holidays
- 1 day’s additional leave (pro rata) on your Birthday
- Eyecare vouchers
- Flexible working
If you are interested, please contact Nichole Wheeler at Domus Recruitment.
“As part of our continual pursuit of quality candidates we appreciate and reward candidate recommendations from you if we successfully secure them a position.
We will reward you with £200 if you recommend a new candidate to us who is not already registered and we secure them a role for a minimum of 1 month.”