Website Domus Recruitment
A specialist care provider is seeking a Registered Manager to manage a their supported living service in Newcastle The service provides support for people with learning disabilities, Autism and complex needs.
The company has been a client of ours for a very long time and we pride ourselves on our relationship with them For this reason we will only accept applicants who are truly keen to progress in their careers and meet the specific requirement mentioned below.
Responsibilities of Registered Manager:
- To be responsible for the day to day operational management of the home
- To ensure that the home is compliant with all relevant statutory regulations, frameworks and guidance.
- Provide effective leadership to the staff team, acting as a positive role model communicating effectively and by listening and recognising different perspectives.
- To support the Head of Residential Services in the strategic development of Residential Services
- To take full responsibility for the implementation of the Quality Standards Regulations and, ensure they are translated into day-to-day practice and provide evidence to support this for the Head of Service to satisfy CQC and strategic directives.
- To take the lead on CQC Inspections and any visits from local authorities or other external stakeholders.
- Develop and implement all relevant policies and procedures that will ensure a high standard of service delivery.
- To record, monitor and resolve complaints, incidents and safeguarding issues within the home.
- To work collaboratively with other Foundation services, such as Hedley’s College or Horizons, to ensure continuity and consistency of a 24 hour care between day and residential staff for all service users.
- To attend and conduct Pre Placement Agreement Meetings, Initial Assessments and home visits.
- To work the necessary shift pattern to ensure the effective running of a 24 hour, 7 day service which may necessitate attendance at work during early mornings, day shift, evening shift, night shift and participation in an on-call rota system.
- To attend regular budget meetings with the finance department to ensure the service delivers within budget and offers value for money.
- To ensure the repair and maintenance of all equipment within the home and of the home itself.
- To promote and maintain a high standard of care, support including domestic and catering services.
- To lead on recruitment and selection of staff in line with Foundation Safer Recruitment Policy, Equality and Diversity and legislative requirements.
- To oversee and participate in the induction of new staff in to the home and monitor and support during the probationary process in line with Foundation Policy.
- To oversee line management of the home staff team, and directly line manage Deputy Manager(s), to ensure an excellent standard of supervision, support, appraisals, training and continuing professional development.
- Oversee the management of staff attendance including providing wellbeing support, recording absence, conducting return to work meetings and conducting formal attendance meetings where necessary with the support of HR.
- Take responsibility for the implementation of Foundation HR policies, including Capability, Disciplinary, Grievance and Investigations, with the support of HR.
- Any other reasonable duties relating to the residents needs
- Good written/verbal communication skills
- Good organisational skills
- Good I.T. skills
- Knowledge of working with adults with disabilities
- Knowledge of CQC standards
- Understanding of challenging behaviour and Positive Behaviour Support.
- Able to work on own initiative
- Confident to communicate effectively with staff, families, carers and social care professionals
- Flexible, enthusiastic, committed
- Good team member
- Caring and empathetic
- Level 3 or 5 Lead Adult Care Worker qualification
- Level 2 qualification in Literacy and Numeracy
- Care Certificate
- To be discussed upon shortlisting candidate.
If you are interested in the above position please apply with your CV, or for more information contact Ryan by calling Domus Recruitment.
As part of our continual pursuit of quality candidates we appreciate and reward candidate recommendations from you if we successfully secure them a position.
We will reward you with £200 if you recommend a new candidate to us who is not already registered and we secure them a role for a minimum of 1 month.