Website Domus Recruitment
Domus are recruiting for a Registered Manager on behalf of a specialist care organisation that support and champion people with Learning Disabilities, Autism and Sensory Impairments.
We are looking for an extraordinary manager with a commitment to high quality support and focus on personalisation to oversee two services in Leatherhead.
As such, you’ll be a proven manager with an NVQ 5 in Care and Management (or working towards) and experience of working with people with autism and behaviour support needs.
You’ll be passionate about providing quality care and personalised services with the ability to drive improvement within budgetary controls.
An understanding and knowledge of the principles of positive behaviour support, autism, relevant legislation and CQC standards will be essential for this role.
In addition, you’ll possess a current driving licence with the ability to travel independently as required and be able to work flexibly to respond to the needs of the service.
Key Responsibilities of a Registered Manager:
- To work with the people supported and their families, supporting them in the decisions they make about how they live their lives and ensuring that personal needs are met.
- Manage all aspects of running the home including but not limited to: supervision of staff, rotas, care planning, quality assurance, training, budget management, finances, and management of medication.
- Monitor activities and ensure quality of support and care is in line with the group’s policy and sector regulatory standards.
- Create a culture of team development and team working that aspires the delivery of best practice for individuals using our services.
- Demonstrate the ability to represent the organisation in an appropriate and professional manner in all internal and external contact and relationships.
Key requirements a Registered Manager must have:
- NVQ Level 5 or working towards one (or equivalent).
- Prior experience and an understanding of Learning Disabilities and other complex needs.
- Effective communication, leadership and coaching skills are important as you will be responsible for managing a Deputy Manager and team of Support Workers, as well as communicating with internal and external stakeholders.
- You will also be committed to person centered planning and positive risk taking with a real passion for improvement and continuous development.
- Good knowledge and understanding of CQC, Health and Safety and Local Authority requirements.
- 28 days holiday (incl. bank holidays), increasing to 36 days with long service (1 extra day for each year of service)
- Buy and sell up to 3 days annual leave
- Discounts and cashback at hundreds of shops, restaurants and activities
- Eligible for Blue Light Card discounts
- Leadership development academy and talent programme for the next steps in your career
- Fully paid essential training
- Funded professional qualifications – Care Certificate, QCF levels 2-5 available
- Annual excellence awards
If you are interested in the above Registered Manager vacancy, please call Michael at Domus Recruitment.
Don’t keep a good thing to yourself – Recommend a friend!!
If you are not looking, then perhaps you know someone who is and we will reward you with our recommend a friend scheme – £200 pounds worth of high street shopping vouchers if we place them into work and we do not already have them on our database.